The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Are We Doomed?

Good thing I live on the other side of the river....you know da Nile river..... :lol:

I'm with you Tony! We went out with the in laws tonight for dinner and my father in law was dooming and glooming all over the place. I tuned him out! :ninja: They were also trying to sway me from real estate and into stocks. Ai yi yi, no thanks!

Good thing I live on the other side of the river....you know da Nile river..... :blink:

. . .They were also trying to sway me from real estate and into stocks. Ai yi yi, no thanks!
The stock market? Your father-in-law must be a stock broker or he doesn't like you, Christine. The DJIA returned a whopping 6.4% in '07. The S&P 500 Index even worse with a 3.5% return. And those figures are gross, before the average Joe pays all the brokerage fees and commissions. Unless someone is an expert stock picker, the market is not the place to park your money these days.