The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

WHAT THE HECK WITH CRAIGSLIST?!!!

Is anybody else noticing that Craigslist is now mandating to get phone verified to post on the entire thing? (Real Estate, garage sale, etc)

I've noticed this is in every section and for the entire Nation/World

Now, if I want to post anywhere on CL, I'm forced to set up an account and then verify my account via phone.

BUT the morons didn't take any of my ph #'s and I haven't had a land phone in OVER 6 yrs and CL only accepted my cell phone number, how idiotic is that?! :angry:

Are you guys being forced to do the same thing in order to post in CL also?

Let me know please.

BEV!

I know you've advocated to not post under

an account, but I've always posted from my account, Bev.

I don't send out a TON of emails or spam, but enough to keep

the funnel full with a targeted focus.

So it's never been a big deal to me either way.

The trick, for me, is getting them to respond

to my follow up email. Which I'm considering

scraping that route and just calling them up

when/if they show interest.

I haven't seen that yet. But Craig's List sometimes rolls out these changes gradually. So I could be seeing it in a few weeks to a few months. Or maybe it's just you they have it in for??

Have any of you tried to post on CL lately, within the last hour or so?

This just started for me for the first time few hours ago.

The notice to verify my account via phone shows only when I'm on the last stage of posting (before the code verification).

It was working fine all morning though and then, BAM!

I tried posting in FL just to test it and even in AL and it gave me the same thing right before the verification code :angry:

BEV!

PS. I'm still posting but with my account and I detest doing so :angry:

Guest jvmccall

I am not having that problem in St Louis - whether I am logged in or not.

By the way, there is an excellent service that posts craigslist real estate ads for you. They can actually post ads every 1-2 hours if you want. They have a way to get through the phone verification issues. Check them out at:

http://therealestatemarketingservice.com/

I have not signed up for them yet, but I will probably give them a try soon. They would be good for building a buyer's list. They charge around $500/mo to post 5 properties. They can also post ads to build your buyer's list or find sellers for about the same price of $500/mo.

Hmmm.. interesting no one is having to verbally verify their account, but me :angry:

I know this is the way it has always been for the service section on CL, but now is spreading to all the sections.

Oh well, life goes on..

I think I'll post on MySpace's Biz boards again, is a little higher rank than CL anyway and last time I posted the houses there, I got tons and tons of local replies too :wacko:

Off to MySpace I go :angry:

BEV!

I've actually marketed to folks that advertised on Myspace ads.

Actually, it kinda groups all the type of houses/sellers/FRBOs

I'm looking from, all taken from various RE websites.

It's quite handy.

Jason,

Last year I posted a house on the MySpace classifieds and forgot all about it and when I went to check for msgs few months later, OMG!!!!

I had tons and tons of people interested in the house but the house was no longer available B)

Now I'll keep a very close eye on my MySpace msgs.

On another note, my CL is now back to normal again as if it nothings happened.

Craig must of noticed activity decrease on Craigslist without my tons of postings in it, I suppose ;)

BEV!