The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

100% Lease Purchase

I was wondering how many are using Lease Purchase as your ONLY investing strategy. I know you can't be all things to all people, but which type of strategies are you using in addition to LP.

If you do not use LP exclusively, do you market for each strategy seperately, or use one general "I Buy Houses" marketing, and then lead them into a LP arrangement?

Lynn (FL)

I do 100% L/O now. I still have some rental properties I've owned for the past 10+- years. I do have a few SLOs that are working well and I would like to purchase and hold longer term; maybe by transfering the deed or a wrap. L/Os solve a lot of different problems sellers have and don't take 100% of your time.

I've been using what some call a Flex Option, then I find a buyer for LP, Land Contract, or a Conventional Mortgage. I use whatever is approved by the seller, then assign or release my option. Herbster

Herbster, how does the flex option work? All you have is the one option contract and then assign it? So, no numbers or terms are set, just discussed, between the seller and buyer until you're out of the picture? Or do you get the flex option, fill out details later, then assign it?

Yes I fill out the details later for whatever option is used. I use Michaels and anothers material and out of respect for Michael I won't devolge who's on this forum. Herbster