The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lydia

Voicemail for Option 8

We seem to use the same voicemail system. I have found over the several months I have been subscribing the the voicemail service that I have had very few calls. Is it worth having the toll-free voicemail message???

I haven't yet put property information on it. Maybe that would help, and then putting the extension number on the fliers and in ads.

I guess I was just expecting people to call for general informaion. Clearly, I'm not using the service to its fullest potential.

Just wanted to know if you had any comments on it from your experience, or suggestions.

Lydia

Lydia,

I actually use 2 800 systems for voice mail. I wouldn't trade the 800 #s for anything because you get the caller ID from all phone callers whether they leave a message or not.

One is my direct personal number with a fax capability. This system allows me to monitor the messages as they are being left. I love this for dealing directly with sellers and buyers calling my generic ads for RTO homes and WBHs.

The other system is a marketing system for advertising specific RTO homes with one mailbox for each property. This is the one you use. This one is great for telling people about available properties particularly when you are marketing more than one. We also keep a "Press 9 to leave a message for office manager." option to handling our existing tenant needs. Of course, as advertised---NO T&T, we almost never get calls on this extension.

We don't get many messages on the info boxes for this line. The calls are almost exclusively for advertised properties or from the few people who don't want to put info about their property on our website.

The best thing I can say is the activity on the system is directly proportionate to your advertising.

Hope this helps...feel free to ask any more question.

option8

I do not feel it is necessary to use an 800 number. I use my cell phone number for everything and if I dont answer they leave a vm on my voicemail. My recording says, "You have reached the office of Pete Olsen please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible." Its that simple. I think we can over complicate things sometimes.

Pete

As with everything there are pros and cons with 800 numbers and voice mail.

I used to have a voice mail system which was promoted by Conti and Finkel. It had all of the bells and wistles and recorded hang up phone numbers. I was going on their advice that people would rather listen to a recording than talk to a live person. I now believe this is bad advice.

I am now using my cell phone and a land line which has 3 mailboxes built into the phone; 1 for sellers, 1 for buyers/TB's, and 1 for everything else. This has proven more economical and practical. I also have a 800 number for my land line but if you only do business in a small area then a 800 number is not needed.

I now believe that home owners want to talk to a live person who can help them when they call. If they get a voicemail or answering machine then they are more likely to call another investor until they connect with a live person.

Sign in to follow this