The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Joe Lee

Thoughts on this ad design...

I been workin on this ad design for a flyer, and I think I finnaly got it fine tuned to capture calls that will lead me to get the lease option deals. All I need is some people to look at it and tell me if it will do what I intend, or something I missed that will lead to the ad backfiring on me. Here's the link to the ad below...

http://www.mediaspeedbump.com/ad_2.jpg

The more you tell the better :o

-Joe

I took a look at your flyer.

I like the boldness of it. Easy to read with the alternating black and white type and background.

Is the phone # your home phone or does it go to a recorded voicemail message? If it goes to a recorded message I would add in small type - 24 hour recorded message. That way homeowners who are in a bad position can feel that they can call at anytime and not be bothered. They can just listen and relisten to your message until they feel comfortable with what you're offering.

Where are you going to post your flyers?

Will there be "pull-off" tabs with your phone# on it so people can take one? Or will you have additional biz cards posted nearby so they can grab one?

Keep us posted on if the flyer brings in calls.

Great job!

Summer

I like it very much, Joe. I might make this change: instead of where you wrote "No Commission Charge", I would way:

No Commissions, No Closing Costs!

Otherwise, it is right to the point, which is what a good flyer should be.

Glad you guys like it. As far as the phone number goes, that number is for my cell phone, and when it's not on (cause I'm prolly trying to get some sleep :o) it'll take them to a voice mail box.

Oh, and the no closing costs- I wanted to leave that out in case the seller was open to closing costs cause they think it's how it's done and to the T/B it'd make it a better deal than bearing ALL the closing costs.

About the pull off tabs, I could get rid of the realtor jazz, since it says I buy houses, it can inferr that I am not a realtor-

any thoughts on that?

-Joe

Joe, everything you say makes sense. But, don't assume the general public will "infer" anything. We can be pretty dense sometimes :huh: .

Guest Joe Lee (mobile)

Yea, that's prolly more the case. So, tenent buyers really eat up all the closing costs on a regular basis??

If so, then the "No closing costs" added to the flyer will suck the sellers in :huh:

Thanx

-Joe

Guest Gary Jones

The policy on this site says no advertising, but this looks like an advertisement to me.

I noticed that a bunch of posts saying positive stuff about a ebook was deleted. Is it because the book is good, and is considered a threat to this site? I'm just wondering why some people can advertise, and others cannot receive a compliment?

Just a thought...

Gary P. Jones

Richmond, Va

Sorry, I should have blurred out the phone # but even if you called, you wouldnt get anything more than a pre-made voicebox yet to be activated. I will activate that when I start marketing...

-Joe

The policy on this site says no advertising, but this looks like an advertisement to me.

I noticed that a bunch of posts saying positive stuff about a ebook was deleted.  Is it because the book is good, and is considered a threat to this site?  I'm just wondering why some people can advertise, and others cannot receive a compliment? 

Just a thought...

Gary P. Jones

Richmond, Va

C'mon, Gary, you should know better than that. The thread you are referring to, made under three different member names was, in fact, all posted from the same computer and one individual.

I thought it was strange that within two minutes I received three new registered members. Then, coincidentally :huh: , all three new members become involved in a thread about some new real estate investment program. A quick check of the IP addresses revealed all three members and all related posts were from the same computer and, I assume, the same individual.

In other words, he was a shill, a plant, being dishonest and looking for free advertising. Pretty poor attempt, in my opinion, and he earned himself a permanent vacation from this site.

Hi Joe!

I didn't perceive your flyer as a direct advertisement. In fact I assumed the number was fictitious since you were still just testing your layout. Besides, there is no area code, it wouldn't do any of us any good if we didn't live in your immediate vicinity.

There's always one bad egg out there trying to muck things up.

Please continue to share your efforts. That's why Michael set-up the Marketing Forum, so we could all do just that. Your last flyer has helped me, because I happen to be working up my own marketing letters, flyers and biz cards at this time. Please don't let those other posts deter you from sharing your creative ideas with us. It would be a loss to this forum.

Summer

_________

Oh, and Gary P. Jones--

Michael is cool enough to allow advertising on this site.

Just do it in the appropriate Classified Ads forum.

Sounds groovy to me, thanx people!

-Joe

My thoughts exactly Summer. Joe was NOT trying to advertise. He simply wanted feedback, which is what this forum is for. He is not trying to sell any of us, just trying to gain our opinions. Joe, some people just have nothing better to do than to cut others down. But you did an excellent job, and you did help us out here at the forum. I, like Summer, am trying to come up with my own fliers. We will all succeed. Go get those deals.

Samantha

MichaelC,

I would check Gary Jones IP address if you can. Sounds like he was the guy that posted the advertisment.

Tony

still no spell check

MichaelC,

I would check Gary Jones IP address if you can.  Sounds like he was the guy that posted the advertisment.

Tony

still no spell check

No, Tony, Gary Jones is not the same person I banned. Different IP address, different part of the country. I think he was an unwitting victim, actually, who fell for the bogus thread.

As for the Spell Checker, you are aware that it was up and running for the past month. Then, yesterday, the software for the board was upgraded to the latest version. Along the way, Spell Checker was accidentally deleted. It is being repaired as we speak.