The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jtlab

Donate To Red Cross

The mayor of louisiana called in to a radio show and put the US government on blast. In a nut shell he sais people made promises but nothing is happening at all. Everyday people are dying because of delayed reaction.

I also recieved this email..

I'm writing you to ask a favor. Please consider donating to the

Red Cross to help provide shelter, food and comfort for those in

the path of Hurricane Katrina. While the talking heads can second

guess the rescue efforts and whether to rebuild, I would ask you

to act!

There are several real estate investors & developers in the path

of the storm that I haven't heard from. Mary Ann Thomas from

Atlanta sent me an email this morning stating that she hasn't

been able to contact her family there.

Imagine yourself there with no food, shelter, or even water. Your

house is under water. Your possessions are worthless. Your family

is unable to get there. You're desperate! Then picture your

fellow Americans in the comfort of their home watching it on

television. They see & hear your call for help but refuse to the

answer it. Don't let that be you!

http://www.redcross.org

**link removed by jtlab**

It's always better to donate to a local trusted source versus a website. All too often scam sites are set up to mimic those of legitimate sites where the money you send goes to some guy sitting on a beach somewhere (not MC) instead of where intended (in this case hurricane victims). Just because you go to the site and it "looks" legit doesn't mean it is. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today.

Donate all that you can, just be careful where it’s going.

Jeff

The American Red Cross is your best bet for donations to help the victims of Katrina.

As for Mayor Ray Nagin and his finger pointing, it's all too easy to blame others for what is happening in New Orleans. He shares much of the blame, however. He would do well to review the leadership of Mayor Guiliani during the 9/11 calamity.

It's always better to donate to a local trusted source versus a website.  All too often scam sites are set up to mimic those of legitimate sites where the money you send goes to some guy sitting on a beach somewhere (not MC) instead of where intended (in this case hurricane victims).  Just because you go to the site and it "looks" legit doesn't mean it is.  Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today.

Donate all that you can, just be careful where it’s going.

Jeff

thx.. I hope that is not the case.

MC, it just sounded to me like he was trying to get people motivated to do something because the longer we wait the more fatalities. After 9/11, we(in NY) were able to get the resources needed to "recover", however no true effort was made to help new orleans(according to Mr. Mayor) even though government officials stated otherwise. Getting votes was not his motivation it seemed to me.. it seems his motivation was to put public pressure on the government via finger pointing to do the things they said they were going to do.(The bush administration was very generous for the most part to NY during 911)

However, I do not proclaim to know anything about the mayor, or his history.. I just thought that his message was genuine. If he was just using this disaster as a forum to push a political agenda as opposed to trying to save lives, then he hit an all time low. I think that would be hard to say right now. Time will tell I guess.

I would never donate to the incompetant Red Cross! I would much rather donate to someone who will help the people and not have 30 layers of beucracy to pay out first. Just my .02.