The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

Preforclosure filings--outrageous fee

I also posted this on another REI board, but thought I'd ask you guys too.

I see that on my county website it is 30.00 to view the first page of a lis pendens and 10.00 for each page thereafter. I was pretty surprised as I thought that anyone could search the database for free by going to the clerk's office. At 30.00 a pop, it is a lot to pay for preforeclosure lead.

Anyone else seeing this type of price in their county?

Here's the link to the site--let me know if I am seeing this right.

http://www.camdencounty.com/government/off...k/property.html

:wub:

Wait, are these recording fees as opposed to viewing fees? Not sure....

Christine, the link you posted doesn't seem to be working. But if that is correct, $30 a pop for a lead is too much. Especially for the County to charge!

Better. Those are the recording fees, Christine, not the fee they charge for you to view a recorded document. That makes sense. Most every county generally allows you to peruse the records at your leisure and without cost.

Better. Those are the recording fees, Christine, not the fee they charge for you to view a recorded document. That makes sense. Most every county generally allows you to peruse the records at your leisure and without cost.

I assume to peruse the records you are supposed to visit the clerk's office. Although some counties have these types of records online?

I assume to peruse the records you are supposed to visit the clerk's office. Although some counties have these types of records online?
Verdad. :wub: Call the office in question and they should be able to answer your questions and give you the specifics.

I also posted this on another REI board
*gasp*

Oh Jeff, you KNOW MC and I have an arrangement. I can cheat on him once in a while and he gets to keep those blow-up dolls he is so fond of!!!

Oh Jeff, you KNOW MC and I have an arrangement. I can cheat on him once and a while and he gets to keep those blow-up dolls he is so fond of!!!
MC is the Rodney Dangerfield of REI's...he gets no respect.

Jeff

*gasp*

Oh Jeff, you KNOW MC and I have an arrangement. I can cheat on him once in a while and he gets to keep those blow-up dolls he is so fond of!!!

Oh Jeff, you KNOW MC and I have an arrangement. I can cheat on him once and a while and he gets to keep those blow-up dolls he is so fond of!!!

Jeff

Stiller and Meara are in the house, folks!!

*gasp*

Jeff

Stiller and whom? Dating yourself a little, aintcha ;-)

Mike

*gasp*

Jeff

Stiller and whom? Dating yourself a little, aintcha ;-)

Mike

Man, I could go a few places with that line. . . :P

MC,

Are you referring to Ben Stiller or his dad Jerry Stiller?

Or did you mean to type Diller, as in Phyllis? :wub: