The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Realtor Says I'm Running a Scam

I completely understand MC's disclaimers from the perspective of attempting to ensure that he doesn't have to work with a realtor.
I never said that working realtors isn't bad, it is. I just don't care to add disclaimers, if a realtor gets my email screw them. If they fire back something nasty I can either ignore them, fire back nastygrams, or recruit them for some sort of arrangement that is beneficial to me.

Yup you can do that too. I would prefer if realtors don't contact me at all. Deleting their emails/calls takes up some time, maybe not much, but it's still wasted.

So I'm working Craig's List for some deals, sending my usual "Would you be interested in selling your house with a lease purchase. . ." email. I've taken to adding at the end of the letter, "PS: I am not a Realtor and prefer to deal direct with the homeowner only. If you are a Realtor, or if your house is already listed, please disregard this email. Thank you." ..... Any suggestions? Keep it clean, guys. . . :lol:

Admin, in my "serious" opinion, the disclaimer (PS) is useless because as you know, is only creating a snowball of negative vibes (nasty emails replies to you).

Even though I understand why you doing this, I still believe in staying away from doing anything that attracts negativities (lose the disclaimer, amigo, not worth it ;) ) Aim higher instead and go for FRBO.. you can't go wrong with them as there is no competition there and are way easier to get by the dozen, but of course you already know that. :lol:

About the email sent to prospects..hmm

I'm sure you and other doing this get good response but I'm not comfortable with what most of you are saying on your emails to prospects (FSBO), for example, I see a lot of you saying this on emails........."would you be interested in selling your house with a lease purchase (or rent to own)?".. that part is good but don't stop there, the prospect has no idea how to put a rent to own or lease purchase deal together, he has no paperwork to do this, of course he'll say "NO, thanks" in this case.

But if we tell them in the email ......" If you are open to selling your house with a lease option, and if your property meets our requirements, I'm willing to put the transaction together for you professionally to protect your rights in the deal at my expense.. thank you ..my name: Lease Purchase Professional (not an agent)".. or something like that :P

BEV!

Bev, I find that UNLESS a seller says: "YES I absolutely do!" to the question "Do you want to RTO?" then they NEVER end up signing. All they do is waste my time asking a bunch of questions. That's why I don't answer ANY questions on the phone anymore. If they don't say "YES" right away, I send them to my website and let it deal with them. Just a few days ago I broke this rule by answering a whole pile of questions by email. Result? Complete waste of time.

It's always been this way for me with both buyers and sellers. If they ask a bunch of questions I know they're not motivated.

I'm sure you and other doing this get good response but I'm not comfortable with what most of you are saying on your emails to prospects (FSBO), for example, I see a lot of you saying this on emails........."would you be interested in selling your house with a lease purchase (or rent to own)?".. that part is good but don't stop there, the prospect has no idea how to put a rent to own or lease purchase deal together, he has no paperwork to do this, of course he'll say "NO, thanks" in this case.

But if we tell them in the email ......" If you are open to selling your house with a lease option, and if your property meets our requirements, I'm willing to put the transaction together for you professionally to protect your rights in the deal at my expense.. thank you ..my name: Lease Purchase Professional (not an agent)".. or something like that

^_^ hmmmmm. . .this is a good point and I can see that if a seller does not know how to structure a lease option that a reply of "no" can result. I guess I have always approached the first email as being a simple buyer interested in the seller's house and not wanting to come across as a business looking for a deal. Not until the second email anyway. I may have to give this first contact email a whirl. :D

Oh! and Welcome Back Bev!!

But if we tell them in the email ......" If you are open to selling your house with a lease option, and if your property meets our requirements, I'm willing to put the transaction together for you professionally to protect your rights in the deal at my expense.. thank you ..my name: Lease Purchase Professional (not an agent)".. or something like that ^_^

BEV!

I'll listen to anyone that is having the success this Super Woman is having with her CA's!!

Phil

OK here is what I am going to try. . .

Hi. I saw your property listed on (name of site) and was wondering if you would be interested in selling your house with a lease purchase. If your property qualifies for one of our lease purchase programs, we can properly structure a lease purchase deal for you professionally, protecting you, and our service is free.

Steve

Business Name

(we are not realtors)

...I'll listen to anyone that is having the success this Super Woman is having with her CA's!!

Phil

I think I have created a big fan.. thank you my sweet friend, much appreciated ^_^

Steve....Hi and thanx for the welcome :D

OK here is what I am going to try. . .

Hi. I saw your property listed on (name of site) and was wondering if you would be interested in selling your house with a lease purchase. If your property qualifies for one of our lease purchase programs, we can properly structure a lease purchase deal for you professionally, protecting you, and our service is free.

Steve

Business Name

(we are not realtors)

Sweet!

Give it a go and keep us posted :P

I can tell you what I use for FRBO ads (varies of course) which works like magic (95%)

The ad will say something like.. For info on this rental house please call John at 415-111-1212

(since I don't know if John is a realtor/agent/prop management or the owner).....My email reply would look something like this...

--------

Hey John, is the rental property in _____________ still available?

If so, do you know if the owner would be open to leasing it to pre-buyers instead of ordinary tenants on a rent to own basis? If so, I'm very much interested as I am currently assisting a family relocate to that area where they can purchase a property at the end of the lease. If the owner is interested and if the property meets our needs, I will take care of the entire transaction professionally for the owner at my expense to protect his/her rights in the deal.

Thank You,

SuperWoman :-)

Rent To Own Professional

Independent Consultant

(Not An Agent) <<<========== This is what gets me most of the biz

PS. If not interested, please disregard or forward this email to anyone you know of in need of filling their vacancies FAST with quality tenants.

--------------

I almost always get positive replies telling me.." yes I'm the owner...blah blah.." Or ..." Yes, the owner will consider rent to own..." OR.... " Please call me, I'm open to anything"..etc.....

BEV!

Cool stuff BEV thanks for sharing that second email responce. Nice to have something tailored to FRBOs.

I have been using the first email responce and have had some replies. Still early though. It's a little different in that I am introducing my business instead of seeming like I am a regular Joe looking for a L/O, and also letting the seller know I am not just another realtor looking for a listing.

^_^

OK the last few days I have been emailing FRBOs using BEVs email script. Looks like I have come to a CA agreement with a seller/landlord verbally over the phone and will be shooting a short offer the to her this evening. Nice house too! ;) Of course no deal is complete until the paper work is signed but at present I don't see anything getting in the way.

You Rock BEV! :glare:

You Rock BEV!

I saw her first!!!!!!! :glare:

Congrats and hope you'll see some green

from this deal, Steve. ;)

OK the last few days I have been emailing FRBOs using BEVs email script. Looks like I have come to a CA agreement with a seller/landlord verbally over the phone and will be shooting a short offer the to her this evening. Nice house too! :) Of course no deal is complete until the paper work is signed but at present I don't see anything getting in the way.

You Rock BEV! ;)

AWESOME, Steve!!!

So when should I expect you to take me to the Cuban Restaurant? (without the wifee of course :lol:)

Keep us posted!!!

BEV!

So when should I expect you to take me to the Cuban Restaurant? (without the wifee of course)

:)

I....

saw you.....

first....... :lol:

;)

So when should I expect you to take me to the Cuban Restaurant? (without the wifee of course)

:)

I....

saw you.....

first....... :lol:

;)

Awwww.. Sweetie, you're coming with us too, hope you like fried plantains and chicken in wine sauce......hmmm YUMM !!!

BEV! ;)

Sounds delicous.

I'm game.