The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Craigslist

Anyone having problems with craigslist? I have not posted ads in awhile. But I added 3 properties today and they don't show up. Does craigslist block ads or accounts?

I did in the past having a few ads deleted because they were miscatorgized.

Thanks for the help.

I put a few up today without any problems. Maybe their servers are slow getting the new ads posted. I've seen that happen a few times. If you were blocked or banned you would probably receive an email saying as much.

I posted two ads looking for tenant/buyers and didn't have any problems...in fact....had two more calls. horray!

... the ad I posted this morning is already at the bottom of page 2 :(

You poor baby!!

My ads hit the bottom page in less than 5 minutes of posting it :P

BEV!

Below are two ads. The one in Tallahassee is not showing up. The one for the Treasure Coast area is. I am wondering if its the heading.

Well here is the ad that I placed in Tallahassee

$850 Owner finance, Lease Purchase Several Homes & Condos (Tallahassee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: hous-630636577@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-04-04, 7:57PM EDT

Have you heard we are in a buyer market? I am sure you have. The problem is that 66% of the people that want to buy a home cannot because of financing issues. This is where we come in. We have several properties and are buying several more in the area and we are looking for responsible people to buy them with our owner financing. We don't care about credit. You see if we don't sell then we have to pay more money for maintenance and taxes and it really takes money out of our pocket. So if you would like to be added to our buyers list and see what we have we invite you to call our 24 hour operator and ask Pat to take your information and we will get one of our sales managers to give you a private chat. All information is kept private and we never sell or rent your contact information.

The one I placed for the Treasure Coast area

$125000 Trustee Sale (Vero beach)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: hous-630655497@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-04-04, 8:16PM EDT

Newly remodeled home in Rockridge Subdivision. Possible owner finance.

Call 800-455-2751

Jonathan,

That's been happening to me too recently, it called Ghosting. It looks like your ad gets posted but it never shows up. I don't understand why it happens. Try Googling "craigslist ghosting my ads" for some explanations and possible solutions.

Mark

QUOTE (Doug Pretorius (ON) @ Apr 5 2008, 12:54 AM)

... the ad I posted this morning is already at the bottom of page 2

Bev

No problem for me either, except that the ad I posted this morning is already at the bottom of page 2 :(

You poor baby!!

My ads hit the bottom page in less than 5 minutes of posting it

BEV!

:P:(:lol:

However, Bev, YOU ALWAYS seem to manage to snag those folks!

Kudos to you Chicky!

Hey Rex are your ads by owner ads or agent ads, there a few agent on cargslist that will flag your ad if you are not an agent. This agent usually advertise as if they were by owners and they don't like the comptetion of other owners

Jonathan,

Lemme see if maybe I can be of some help.

When you submitted your ad, did you get a confirmation email with the ID number of the ad? If not, then skip this section and go to section 2...

If you DID get a confirmation email with ID # in it and your ad did NOT get posted, then this is one of many CL's latest (but not newest) mumbo jumbo's way of getting free posters frustrated to turn them into pay posters, that's all.

I always experience this.. and this is how I handle it.

I use a different email address and repost my ad without any graphics, no html tags whatsoever and no email address. I only submit a boring text ad with my ph number.. period! It works 100% of the times.

Then I work myself up slowly every day by adding links and graphics and email address to my ads and start from square number 1 again.

Section 2

If you did not get a confirmation email with ID #, then is mostly lagged up somewhere in CL's wonderland. I suggest you delete it immediately and repost it with another email address.

Let us know how it goes!

Doug,

Well that must suck! How often do you repost?

Oh, please don't get me started with Craigslist, you do not want to go there with me LOL :P

BEV!

Anyone using Backpage.com and having any luck?
I use backpage.com, also. It isn't as hot as Craig's List, but it is growing and I do receive steady responses. And like CL, it's free, so why not utilize it?