The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

Broker invites me to come speak to her office about Lease Options!

After sending an email to a CoraBettThomas Broker about how they left out the fact it was a Realtor listed advertisment in their listings on Craigslist, she sent me back an immediate appology, corrected the problem, and said "If we can assist you in disbursing information on your product line, please just ask."

I figured, what the heck,...............I then sent an email back saying that if they have any listings from motivated sellers who would consider a Lease Option to contact me.

She replied with...... "Yours is a very interesting solution to a problem that we have had some experience with ... Would you consider coming to a sales meeting and discussing it with our agents?"

EEK! UM....not quite ready for that response! :o I have WendyPattons "Working with Realtors" and she included a powerpoint to do just this thing...................... but haven't actually done a L/O deal yet.

MC/Bev/Doug/Jon/Steve....you don't happen to need a one day vacation to sunny Hilton Head Island, SC do you?(I'll throw in a round of golf at Harbour Town Golf Links) :blush:

I guess this falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for". Not you've got a room full of hungry, panting Agents, waiting to hear your magic solutions to keep them from working at Pizza Hut. :blush:

Sounds like a great opportunity, Darin, and one I'm sure you'll do well at. This isn't rocket science, and you know more than you think. Explain the basic advantages of using lease options, answer some questions, and most important, find a way that you can profit from this unexpected opportunity.

As for a vacation in South Carolina, I don't play golf. But I'm pretty good at hangin' around the 19th hole afterwards. If one of those other guys picks up the bar tab, I just might tell Mrs. C. there is an emergency in Hilton Head that requires my attention. :o

Guest Diver

Darin you lucky dude. I have yet to secure a deal to but I'd be there anyway. Just today I finished messing with a local Realtor with a LO property. I was nice and asked if he had any idea of how to protect the buyers interest in such a deal, and guess what he didn't have a clue. ( go figure ) Good Luck and let us know how it went. Diver

Darin-

If you and MC can set it up on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday I'm there. I'll make a weekend out of it. I'm not to far from your local. :blush:

..MC/Bev/Doug/Jon/Steve....you don't happen to need a one day vacation to sunny Hilton Head Island, SC do you?(I'll throw in a round of golf at Harbour Town Golf Links) :blush:

Yikes! OMG, just the thought of flying kills me... I develop a severe fear of flying back in the late 1980's... and no, I don't drink anything with alcohol in it either to make the flying a breeze

(100% non-alcohol here all my life, nope, no wine, beer or NADA!) :lol:

Choo-choo trains may be fun though... and about the golf? Well, let's just say that as long as there are Cuban Restaurants in NC is all that pleases me :o

BEV!

Great!

I'll pick up MC's bar tab....pay for a Cuban catering service on a Choo Choo train from Cali to South Carolina.....put out the AeroBeds on my floor.....and break out a new deck of UNO Cards! :ninja:

But seriously...I'm going to tell the Broker that I'm in the process of getting some more deals under my belt but as soon as the tourist season slows a bit that i'll give her a call and set something up.

Darin, seriously, take advantage of the situation and speak to the group when you're ready to do so. This is a good opportunity to get the word out that you are the local go-to guy for lease purchasing. In the meantime, take some time to feel out this Broker and what she is looking for from you and what her group of Agents needs.

Darin,

Step up to the plate. Speak man. It is easy to do a 15 minute presentation and 15 minutes of Q & A. Remember who you are speaking to. Realtors want to know how to get paid. Like MC said. be the go to guy.

But seriously...I'm going to tell the Broker that I'm in the process of getting some more deals under my belt but as soon as the tourist season slows a bit that i'll give her a call and set something up.
Seek FSBOs to get your feet wet. :ninja:

how would he present this information without the agents feeling like they can go around him? that is the main part, i don't think he would want to create more competition being that this is all new to him.

how would he present this information without the agents feeling like they can go around him? that is the main part, i don't think he would want to create more competition being that this is all new to him.

What i'm going to try to do is to stress/offer my company's services as an extention to what Realtors can offer their clients. Besides....most Realtors don't want to/or can't bother with things that aren't typically retail buy~retail sell transactions. This past November, I attended our local Realtor seminar which offered an Attorney coming in to speak about Lease Purchase and Trade transactions. The room was absolutely PACKED and many didn't have a good understanding about the information. The South Carolina Association of Realtors is even doing a Webinar on Lease Purchase/Options and if I can attach my name with that webinar and be the "Lease Option Guy"...it will give me some "street cred". Even if I only get 3 deals per year...it'll be worth it.

If they truly want to work in the best interest of their clients and care....I want them to know that if they don't have the understanding or feel stuck....I have the knowledge and the team (that's all you folks on here! :) ) to get things done.

And i'm not scared of any questions they may throw at me. I've been a hermit/bookworm on studying Lease Options for 6 months. I don't believe there is anything they could ask that I couldn't answer. I'm also expanding my "toolbox" for other services I can provide. Just yesterday my friend came into some more money and wants to put it to work in some investments. :ninja:

Guest Diver

Darin any ideas on getting the Realtors their commission? Maybe from the option money-ouch.Diver