The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jlspartz

Simple questions

Ha! Yeah, MC's footnote is something that is a fact set in stone.

There's no doubt I get burned out sometimes doing what I do, even though I'm working for myself, but sometimes it takes something like this thread to remind me how good I have it not working for someone else.

I used to take my lunch to work, and sit in a parking lot at a golf course in my car and eat, and watch all these guys playing golf in the middle of the weekday. I got frustrated wondering how can anyone be out on a weekday? Isn't everyone tied to a death trap that they have to be at every day? What are they doing that I'm not?

I remember sitting there and writing on a notepad one day about how bad I hated the job, the people, the soul sucking atmosphere that was my job, and oozing into my life.

I described the whole thing as a cancer that grows on your very being. It was pretty much a wake up call when I read what I had written. I'm sure it would make a good Hallmark card! HA! yikes....

I'm glad I had that wake up call and the feelings I had for that job. If I hadn't, I may not have had the reason to make my life what I wanted.

You're right Kyle, it's not about the money. It really isn't. I don't think money is a strong enough motivation for me. Freedom and my life are though.

MC's right though, with the systems and motivation in place, 1 deal a month is very achievable. Sometimes I do 1 deal, then the next month I may do 5 or 6, and have trouble keeping the files and deposits in order.

I'm not enamored with lease options, I don't LOVE lease options and dream about gumdrops and lease options. I'm enamored with small business, and working for yourself, and helping others create their own businesses and lives. It just so happens lease options are my company's conduit for small business, and it allows me to help others in the process.....and go to HAwaii....

Hello entreprenuars,

One thing that these threads do is motivate myself to get out and make this work. Im currently in between bettering myself in school with a masters degree. Dont know why, it just seems to be what ive been taugh by everyone around me. Go to school get a good job and move up the ladder. Im over that. The entreaprenuar in me says your better than this. Listen to your inner man and go for it. However lease options have'nt provided the lifestyle I desire. Im not interested in becoming a guru standing up at REIAS trying to sell someone on lease options. I enjoy being in the trenchs and busting out deals. Maybe thats why I havent acheived the lifestyle I always wanted. I can say I do enjoy waking up a 11am and speaking to sellers in my underwear. So this business does have its perks.

However lease options have'nt provided the lifestyle I desire.

Are you doing CA's full time? When you say lifestyle do you mean the actual $$ you make doing them or do you mean it takes to much of your time? I'm guessing this could all be tweaked to actually give you the lifestyle you want , within reason..