The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

CA whoo hoo!

Landed a buatufull CA (Hybrid), too far for me. 3 hrs. away. In one of the nicest neighborhoods in the area. Last hybrid was like taking candy from a baby. Lets see how this one operates. I just hope I can close the SOB.

P.S. had the surgery everthing is gooing well.

Dont worry I wont horrify you with post-op pics. ^_^

Hi, Dion. Congrats on your new deal. Now get to work and move that dog! ^_^

Good to hear you're back and recuperating as scheduled. Get back on the juice and you'll feel better in no time. ;):D

Contrats on the CA Hybrid deals Dion!

Hey, I've contacted many sellers (about 350) but no deal yet.

I used the 2 step approach.

Email

1.) "....would you consider selling on rent-to-own?"

2.) - Give Brief explanation of LP

- I'm looking for properties for my prospective tenan/buyers that I can offer them for sale on L/P.

- I include the Lease Purchase Benefits

After the 1st email a few have said they would be open to a rent-to-own deal.

But after the 2nd email, some said it's a scam and some said I did

not tell them the truth, some said no thanks, and the others did not respond.

How do you get the sellers or "for rent ads" interested enough to do a deal?

It seems to me, the few that said they were open to rent-to-own, want me to be

the tenant/buyer, but when I mention that I have my prospective tenant/buyers

that will be the end-buyer, all bets are off!

Have you experienced this? Or do you have to contact a while lot more in order to get deal?

Thanks!!

Baron

The 2-step email approach never work well for me either.

Rather than give up and think this doesn't work, I would call

them as soon as I got a favorable response from the 1st email.

As much as I love the power of the Internet and its uses to

contact sellers and close deals, this is still a people business.

So, it's going to take you getting face-to-face to get deals done.

My advice is to send the 1st email and get on the phone should

they seem receptive to a creative CA/LO deal. Don't wait til you go

through another 350 sellers this time. I'd venture to say the 2 email

approach may not be workin' for ya. Do what works for you.

Good luck!

Actually I do 350 email contacts a week for CA deals and I've been working at this

for the last two months. I heard this is a numbers game and I just wanted to see what

others were doing.

The 1st email gets some response, but after the 2nd email and they hear that I have

"my prospective tenant/buyers" they want no part of it and run for the hills!

They seem to want to hear that "I will buy or rent-to-buy" their house and no assignments

or other parties involved.

I don't see how to do a CA deal without letting the seller know upfront there will be other

parties involved. (when the end T/B comes to view/inspect their house)

Thanks.

Baron

Baron, I'm surprised to hear that you are receiving such consistently negative replies. We all receive the occasional email reply telling us we're scam artists and con men. Just delete it and don't waste your time with anyone with that attitude. Wouldn't you prefer the luxury of being able to just hit the delete button rather than be on the phone and listening to such ignorance? For me, that's the big advantage of taking the two email approach that I prefer. It's a time saver and, maybe more importantly, an aggravation saver.

Of course, what works for some won't necessarily work for all. You may need to tweak your marketing to your market and track the results. Diversify your approach and track the results to know what gives you the best return for your time and marketing dollars. I suspect a big part of your results to date is that you have been hitting up homeowners who are anything but motivated. I can't imagine any homeowner, in need of selling their house and debt relief, responding with a "go to hell" type reply. Of course, we never know who is on the receiving end of the emails we send. But to consistently receive such replies is unusual.

You may have mentioned this previously, but where are you located and how is the market there?

Hi MichaelC

I'm located in the Maryland rural area. The response has not been good here, so I have marketed in other states and areas.

I mention to homesellers....full asking price, great monthly rent payment and day-to-day maintenance taken care of by T/B. Seems like a WIN for the homeseller.

Evidently something is not clear to them because a confused mind is afraid or says NO.

Should I say something like, "I'm" going to L/P their house for my inventory of properties to later offer my T/Bs (subject the homeowners's approval) looking for houses in their area ??

This is a similiar message I sent the homeseller:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I specialize in lease purchasing helping homeowners to sell their home for full price.

I have prospective buyers that may be interested in homes in your area. Currently, I have more prospective tenant/buyers, than available properties to offer them for sale with a lease purchase. Is it okay, if I refer my tenant/buyers to you? I’m not a Realtor and charge no commissions or fees to you.

.... List Lease Purchase Benefits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Baron

I'm not reading anything that should throw up a red flag for the typical homeowner. Who are you sending your emails to, by the way? FSBO's? FRBO's? Where are you getting the leads from?

Baron, your experience with emails pretty much matches mine. Although I did eventually get ONE deal from it. Lesson learned: In person is best, by phone is good, by email only if you have no other choice.

BTW hello everyone ^_^

Hello!

I've been enailing to CL. More responses from FSBO than FRBO. I'll tweak the a message a little

to say that I'm a company that helps homeowners and homebuyers and leave out the

"I have prospective buyers". Maybe they think I'm some "average Joe" off the the street. I'll test

and see what hapens.

Baron,

Here's what works for me like magic. I like to stand out from the crowd so I personalize every single email.

For example (here's something that just came to mind to write as I post this)

Let's see... ok, here's an email sample I would send to a FSBO (not an agent) right this minute.

--------------------------

Hey Larry. How have you been?

I just saw your "house for sale" ad on Craigslist. I must admit, the house looks amazing! Great Job. The area is desirable too.

As a matter of fact, I'm in contact with several families whom are looking to buy a house in that same exact area.

These families are even willing to pay full asking price for the right house.

All they ask is for an open minded homeowner willing to sell the house to them on a Lease Purchase basis.

Reply at your earliest to discuss the details. And if your house meets our needs, we will arrange for a viewing ASAP.

My Name

My Title

-------------------------------

I have hundreds of different personalized emails I've used in the past with GREAT success.

BEV!

Hi BEV!

Thanks for the input! I like the personal approach. Maybe some thought I was

like a "salesman" trying to sell them something. They're only focused on getting

their house sold or rented.

Guess I'm more analytical and not that creative. That's why I need help from smart

and creative people like you. I will implement this approach and let you know the

results.

Thanks BEV!

Nice touch, Bev. Thank you sharing. I owe you one, babe. ^_^

Dougie, welcome home! Glad to see you have successfully completed your self imposed exile in the Klondike and have joined us once again.

That was one sexy email.

Where do I sign?