The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

CA whoo hoo!

Jason.....

Pretty much everything Bev says is sexy. ^_^

So I guess the email I've been sending needs to be revised?:

Hello Whomever you are,

I'm simply going through ads and randomly picked yours. I'm looking to steal (kinda like David Copperfield) your house while sitting behind my computer. I "think" I have someone interested in your house if you just give me the combination to your garage or keys to the front door that way it can be shown to them.

I'll give you double what it's worth while you don't have to pay a commission. (Even if your underwater or upside down on your mortgage...it's ok).

Give me a call ASAP as this spam email will direct you to some random website. And FYI...please don't read yesterdays crime report in the local paper.

Thanks and I look forward to doing business with you soon!

Sincerely,

Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

What subject line are you using for these emails? That's probably more important than the content of the message itself, since it controls whether the prospect even reads it. Also, there must be congruence between the subject and body of the message, lest the seller think you're running a scam (though truth be told, I've had plenty of sellers call me a liar when I told them I wasn't the end buyer even though I never said I was the end buyer).

Hi Randian

I used the same subject line the H.O. used in their Craigslist ad. I though it would be familiar with them and they would open the email.

Yes one said I was lying also, because in my 2nd email with more details, I mentioned had prospective end-buyers instead of leasing/buying the property myself.

...and some just want me to some the agreement first for their review.

Thanks!

Yes one said I was lying also, because in my 2nd email with more details, I mentioned I had prospective end-buyers instead of leasing/buying the property myself.

It's rather interesting how their assumptions turn into your lie, isn't it? Probably best to mention you're an investor up front. You'll get a lot fewer calls, but they'll be better qualified calls.

...and some just want me to some the agreement first for their review.

They want the benefit of your expertise without paying for it. I've had no luck converting sellers of this type to a consulting deal.

Dion,

Sorry we hijacked your thread. (congrats on your new CA!!)

Admin,

Nice touch, Bev. Thank you sharing. I owe you one, babe. ;)
No problem. We can fix this right now :P .....x-click-butcc-donate.gif

Jason, thanks ^_^

baron, you're welcome!

And for Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe ;):D Love your email HAHA!

BEV!

Dougie, welcome home! Glad to see you have successfully completed your self imposed exile in the Klondike and have joined us once again.
What can I say? I wanted a Klondike bar ;)

Yes one said I was lying also, because in my 2nd email with more details, I mentioned had prospective end-buyers instead of leasing/buying the property myself.
You have no idea how familiar this all sounds, I'm surprised you're not located in Canada ^_^ If it's any consolation I haven't found a solution either. Telling them you're an investor usually makes them think you're going to put down a huge down payment. So these days I just don't tell them anything unless they ask. I focus on negotiating the terms and leave the explanations to their google searches.

Dion,

Sorry we hijacked your thread. (congrats on your new CA!!)

Admin,

Nice touch, Bev. Thank you sharing. I owe you one, babe. ;)
No problem. We can fix this right now :P .....x-click-butcc-donate.gif

Jason, thanks ^_^

baron, you're welcome!

And for Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe ;):D Love your email HAHA!

BEV!

Bev thats alright. While everyones here flirting and laughing, Im out working. I got another call from one of my old sandwich leases that is about to end. The seller wants to do it again. Our tenant ended up being a dreamer and couldn't get her ducks in a row. So back marketing and looking to pocket another 3k.