The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

The Atlanta Class

Man...even blurry I look good in an apron....

Actually, my vision needs to be blurry for you to look good. Egads! That's a flight attendant from hell!

Most male flight attendants I have met are at the other end of the salad bar, if you catch my drift. ;) So no surprise that you were skipping down the aisle on the flight. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wub: Just sayin' . . .

just got back from ATL class and there are a few things I would like to comment on.

(1) I was surprised that a man who lives in southern FLA.has a long sleeve shirt..

(2) That the shirt looked like it was recently ironed.

(3) I was impressed that from 5:30 to 7:30 every evening in the hotel Atrium John had free drinks not only for us students ,but everybody staying in the hotel...I guess that is just the way he rolls .......

On a more serious note the class was small enough to get one on one attention.I can contest to this because I probably asked the dumbest questions,and John took the time to explain all the answers over and over until I understood everything.I attended one other real estate Seminar a few years ago and the guru would give you so much info so fast that it was impossible to absorb all the content,it was like drinking water from a fire hose.The class that John and Mike held was the complete opposite.I had a great experience and would recommend future classes to anybody .

Ahh, I missed the Vodka shots...

John, you remind me of that airline attendant who pulled the emergency chute and slid out of the plane....hahaha

HA! I do don't I? I was going down the isle jacking with people over the books they were reading, or how much trash they had, asking "What's this? How can one person accumulate so much garbage at 35,000 feet? Have you been saving it up or something?" HA!!!!!! Some people thought it was funny...others...not so much...

Hey Randy, good to hear from you. I didn't want to brag, but yes, wherever I am, I buy EVERYONE drinks. Including everyone staying at the Embassy Suites...it's just my way of giving back!

BTW- your questions weren't stupid at all. The content, context, and the way you asked them was horrifically stupid, but the questions weren't...HA!! WHEEEEE!!!!!!

. . .just got back from ATL class and there are a few things I would like to comment on.

(1) I was surprised that a man who lives in southern FLA.has a long sleeve shirt..

(2) That the shirt looked like it was recently ironed.

(3) I was impressed that from 5:30 to 7:30 every evening in the hotel Atrium John had free drinks not only for us students ,but everybody staying in the hotel...I guess that is just the way he rolls .......

On a more serious note the class was small enough to get one on one attention.I can contest to this because I probably asked the dumbest questions,and John took the time to explain all the answers over and over until I understood everything.I attended one other real estate Seminar a few years ago and the guru would give you so much info so fast that it was impossible to absorb all the content,it was like drinking water from a fire hose.The class that John and Mike held was the complete opposite.I had a great experience and would recommend future classes to anybody .

1) The shirt was borrowed.

2) See #1 above

3) A drunk and his money are soon parted.

Randy, thanks for the positive feedback. I enjoyed meeting you, and remember that the class was just the beginning. As we told you, John and I are just a phone call or email away. You'll have questions, you'll hit obstacles. That's what we're here for. B)

You know MC, something that seemed consistent from the attendees was that it was the best course with the best, most actionable information they had received, and that for what they got, you and I are in fact...CHEAP!!! A few people mentioned that we should charge more.

I'm really excited for everyone...Jamey's almost sobered up, Tina already has her URL, and her LLC and is working with my webguy on her new website, and Jessie already has his LLC, URL, new logo, and is also working with my webguy. Just a few days after the class, and these guys are probably a week or so away from the marketing campaign!!! I LOVE IT!!!

You know MC, something that seemed consistent from the attendees was that it was the best course with the best, most actionable information they had received. . .

John, seeing how you are infrequently sober, are you sure they said "actionable" and not "objectionable"? I mean, I can't get that picture out of my head where you were dancing on the hotel bar with the lampshade on your head and not much else. That's taking the concept of a Naked Investor to unintended levels. Shudder. . . B)

. . .and that for what they got, you and I are in fact...CHEAP!!!

I agree. You are cheap! On second thought, you did pick up my Sam Adams tab at the bar. Maybe you're not such a bad guy, after all. :wub:

I vaguely remember the lampshade, only because of some chaffing that occurred later...don't ask.

You had already left, but I did cause a commotion at the bar that started with everyone there saying my media guy had a nicer shirt than me...that just won't stand.

I ended up bringing down my entire wardrobe from my room and letting everyone feel the cloth, look at the finely inlaid stitching...then I made up names for everyone, such as Lobster Girl, Clarence on Clearance, 60 Watt..the bartender got pretty peeved at me.....

Hmmm.maybe there was some objectionable stuff happening...

Let me first start off by saying that the entire event was great. John and Michael were very entertaining and educating . Also, I had the pleasure of getting to know the other attendees, which was a plus. John’s class was full of ideas on systems and how to turn a hobby into a full time business. He took the time to explain his entire system from a to z. I would highly recommend his class to any serious investor.

Hello Everyone!

I attended the last training of the year in Atlanta. I previously had one-on-one training with John exactly two years ago. I had just relocated and was going through the real estate crisis as an investor with too many loose ends. I decided to try it again and already things are off to a wonderful start. John's system is really the best I have come across for lease/options. If you are seriously considering this as your avenue to investing John is the man. The training gives you the tools and systems to go to your city and duplicate what John has been able to do. Don't think you will not have to do you part. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Nothing comes to sleepers but a dream. If you are willing to walk the walk as you talk the talk, then look no further if Lease/Options is were you want to start. Outside of the training, about $3K is what it appears I will be out of to get the pumps primed. That is a modest investment for a non-franchise franchise. John really has this thing down to a well oiled machine. Michael with Naked-Investor also has some information from the school of hard knocks to assist (Thanks Michael!)

I will post my progress on this site so others can see how previous attendees are doing. Right now, I have a website up and running, a new llc, Leasing2Purchase, and a new logo in place. Over the next week and a half I should be ready to launch the marketing program. When I do, I will update this forum as to my success. I have been self-employed for 22 years so success does not come overnight; slow and steady is the norm. I want to thank John and Michael for this opportunity and wish the other attendees extraordinary blessings in this new endeavor.

PS: Jamie, don't worry about saving me one of those new first class seats on the plane! I want to work with the female apron personnel!

Thank you so much for the post Jessie! It was fantastic to see you pop back up and ready to hit the ground running. I can assure you that you will be able to hit the marketing hard by next week. Think about it Jessie...two weeks ago you came to the class, and now you have your company foundation in place and are ready to market! in just 2 weeks!! Don't slow up now, and let us know if you need us!

PS: Jamie, don't worry about saving me one of those new first class seats on the plane! I want to work with the female apron personnel!

Jesse, be careful what you wish for. Jackson apparently likes to wear women's garments. :lol:

I think that's what Jessie is trying to avoid MC! Who knows, maybe I could tryout for the cast of Glee too....

Tina has everything in place I think and is ready for the marketing to begin, Jessie is ready as well, Jamey already has deals working, Darin is surfing...Brad, Randy...how you guys doing?

Jessie -

I have a couple questions...

1) What did you spend the 3k on to "get the pumps primed".

2) I visited your website and saw that you have 4 properties under contract, are these homes that you've signed up with what you learned in the class or were these deals that you already had in the works prior to the class?

3) What type of marketing are you planning on starting?

Thx, Ray