The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

I found a Place To get comps

I Sign a deal up :) and I find a place to get comp :), life doesn't get much better... B)

None of the free or pay sites i.e. domania ect. could give comps in my area.

I sat there yesterday clicking on houses on the city assessors page for hours (My realtor connection isn't to reliable I guess).

If you are in the same boat try Wells Fargo it may only be Well Fargo financed houses but it worked for me.

I was surfing there site because the guy I signed up has a mtg with them @ 7% if he could refinance (he is current now [he says] but has got behind in the past) it would cash flow nicely ($275-325). I might keep it around as long as possible. I could handle 10 of those..... ;)

good luck

Good Resource! Thanks!

We sometimes have difficulty finding comps in my county.I looked up some of my more difficult ones and lo and behold...I got some results.

option8

I Sign a deal up  :)  and I find a place to get comp :), life doesn't get much better... B)

Nice find, Tony. I ran a comp on it as a test and it came up just fine. And, of course, you managed to find another freebie ;). Dude, you've got a nose for savings and thriftiness.

Checked it out. Thanks Tony for the resorce! Used to be able to find comps on realtor.com but not so much any more.

Steve

Hey! no fair Tone!

Texas is included, but my area is a no go, that really bites the big one!!! Oh! and by the way that attitude belongs to Brandon. Hee! Hee!

Cruz or Brandon

Hey Tony,

Fantastic source for my neck of the woods.

Thanks,

Mike

:ph34r:

Has anyone here considered a local title company? I get all my comps for free from them.

Besides that, they will send you free NOD lists and also Free FSBO lists too!

Give 'em a try!

Andrew

Has anyone here considered a local title company? I get all my comps for free from them.

Besides that, they will send you free NOD lists and also Free FSBO lists too!

Give 'em a try!

Andrew

Absolutely, Andrew. Start up a friendship at one of the local title companies with a customer service rep or a closing agent, and you have a great source of real estate related information. All they ask in exchange is your business when you close deals, or a recommendation to other homeowners when they are closing their deals. You know, "Mary Smith at Jones Title Company does a good job. Why not give her a call to help you close the sale of your property? Her number is ..."

Great idea guys!

We here in west Texas will give that a try. The only couple of times we had to get comps, it was like pulling teeths from a local real estate agent. We ask her if she would be willing to give us a list of expired MLS listings and she felt like it would get her in trouble and was quite nervous about dealing with us.

We will see what kind of response we get from the a local title company and we will get back to you guys with the results.

Brandon or Cruz

As a Mortgage Professional it is pretty easy to get comps from title companies. We generally use 1 company for each area we work as it makes it easier for us to be sure to close our deals, and it gives them the warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing we will use them consistantly until they drop the ball ;-)

I still do think having other sources for comps is great, and on a sunday or just plain after hours, if I speak with someone I want to pull up an instant comp and have an idea of what i am getting into before waiting for the title co to open to see if there is a deal there.

Mike

:ph34r:

Mike's got a good point...you should have a back up person or plan to get comps.

Title companies were more than happy to give me the information I wanted before I got into loan origination but as Michael said, they will want you to refer business to them and rightfully so. Be good to them and they will be good to you but you must take the initiative.

I've been courting several title companies and started a little competition. Most of them are all good (at least here where I am).

Glad I was able to help. Good luck to everyone!

Andrew

Guest Guest_Joseph44

Hi Tony,

I just tried Wells Fargo on comps.I tried The house I just sold and the

one I just bought in fl.The home in fl. is a doublewide in a ret. comm.I payed

for it when we bought it.But to get back to the subject I tried both places and

I got nothing yet they are both listed.Any suggestions.Thanks and have a good

day. :lol:

Hello Joseph44,

It appears to me that you tried a bank (Wells Fargo). I'm not sure they would have that information to give out to the public or if they do...they would consent to doing that.

Again, I suggest a local title company. You shouldnt have any problems in that area. Just be sure to tell them your an investor to get better attention.

Hope this helps.

Andrew