The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

Are you buying these new homes and then doing a RTO or are you doing a sandwhich RTO?

Scott, No & No, most of the times I become the principal of the properties first and then I assign my rights to a TB.

In this forum this is called "Cooperative Assignment" I also do consulting among other things... :xcool:

The true reward.

Indeed it is Steve, is a very pleasant and hard to explain feeling :xbiggrin:

And now for the Diary,

I got a call today from a prospect TB that has called me 4 times for the past few days (he's been getting cold feet, he called to tell me that after shopping around for houses that my terms are un-beatable) and finally he dicided to come and see one of the houses ($600K +) and make a decision, I'm 80% certain he's a very good possible TB for this one house because I even offered him a break on the rent amount of $2,350 and he didn't want to take it and said that money was no problem for him at all (I'm like "What!!?") so chances are that it might turn into a deal, but if not, then I'll continue to enjoy my time off :xbiggrin:

Will keep u posted!

"Take the bull by the horns" :xbiggrin:

Oh, well Diary,

Even on my time off I got another referral from my last client (mtg broker) to help out this family in RTO-ing their home, I was going to do it in a couple of weeks since I'm off but my client offered to do the comps and rent analysis for me if I could take action right away because this family is going out of the Country for the holidays this Friday for a few weeks and they'd feel better if their house is under contract before they leave.

So in this case I'll make an exception and will put this property under contract tomorrow morning. I got a young man to go take the pictures of the house on Wed. My ex-client (mtg broker) will do the homework for me on the property (for a flat fee) and I'm still enjoying my time off :xwink:

Is a good feeling when clients trust you and count on you for help :xwink:

You go girl!  I'm definitely going to have to chat with you!

Heck even I am impressing myself with all the happenings here wow!

I just found out last night that my partner (Senior mtg consultant) is also a HML, she told me that if I ever needed some help with any prospect TB's coming up with the consideration amount to let her know, so I told her about this one person and turns out that she'll meet with him this coming Tuesday and she invited me to come with her so I can watch and learn .. huh? ;) She's the one that is getting me to speak in front of around 150+ people in Feb.

She's one tuff and "WEALTHY" Island girl and our goal for next year is for both of us to reach $1 Million in profits :o , the scary part is that she's dead serious about it and she's making all these plans for both of us in working together with this other guy (agent/realtor) which we will all be speaking in FEB and just reach our goals! And why not?

So Lisa, when should I expect your invitation to my favorite restaurant? :xwink:

Feliz Navidad To Me!

What An Exciting Day This Has Been For Me Dear Diary :xbiggrin:

I had one of the busiest and exciting (personal) times ever today, a very productive day indeed for me.

But like always, as I was shopping at the mall yesterday, my cell rang and it was an individual wanting to view one of the brand new expensive homes, I set up an appt for him to come over today due to him being busy this weekend and stuff (per his request).

We met today and couldn't help noticing how huge this guy was and also drove a sweet very expensive looking car, I took him to the property and showed it to him, he fell inlove with the first house (4 bedrooms, 2 story beautiful house), filled out the application.

We shooked on it and he'll be moving into this house next week but he will get my cashier's check ($16K) tomorrow morning so we can all sign the agreements, yes so far this is a 99% done deal and since I'm not sure I'll be available tomorrow to write about this on my diary I thought I do it today, so here I am with another success story of my hard efforts paying off.

Oh, did I mentioned that this guy is none other than Jerome Davis :xwink:

One more famous (and wealthy [more than me] ) individual in my home town and back neighbor, he said if I get him a refrigerator in the house, he'll give me tickets for next year's season.. heck I'll take it! And I will also throw in a welcome to the neighborhood gift basket for his wife when they move in next week! :xwink:

I Just Love What I Do For A Living!

Congrats Bev,

I've been out of this forum for a while, and to read your story first upon reentering was very inspirational, it was enough to get me excited about calling FSBO's again. So for that I say thanks

also Let me know if you're still looking for a place to download music.

Merry Christmas :xsmile:

Dear Diary,

Today I put another house under contract in another town (the owner who called me yesterday ready with his comps print out) and am moving forward with it.

I

Bev, do you ask the owner to run the comps print outs?

Craig

I believe she has said she does with FRBO's, yes.

Congrats Bev,

I've been out of this forum for a while, and to read your story first upon reentering was very inspirational,  it was enough to get me excited about calling FSBO's again.  So for that I say thanks

You're very welcome New Kid, that's the idea for my Diary :xwink:

also Let me know if you're still looking for a place to download music.
Do please email me the information when ever you get around to it, I'd appreciated very much!
Bev, do you ask the owner to run the comps print outs?
Yes, I have the onwer get their print outs done by a professional.

And now for the follow up, Dear Diary :xwink:

I have closed this last deal ($16K) and bought my friend (Jerome t/B) an awesome very digital fridge (I liked it so much that now I want one :xsad:), he loved it and he surprised me with a brand new football with all the player's signature and their numbers on it :xredface: and of course season's tickets next year.

We are remaining in-touch for future gatherings..

It has been a proven fact to me that the more I give to others, the more I get in return. :)

Hope all of you had a fantastic X-Mas, I sure did and I will have an even better New Year as it is my New Year's Resolution to continue growing strong and being successful in my REI business!! :xwink:

Gimmie a B, Gimmie an E, Gimmie a V :xicon_razz: :xbiggrin: :xicon_razz: :xbiggrin: :xicon_razz:

You are an inspiration in the art of Lease Purchase Investing. Thank you for sharing your success and showing me the possibilities of this business. :xcool: :xlol: :xcool:

Gimmie a B, Gimmie an E, Gimmie a V  :xicon_razz:  :xbiggrin:  :xicon_razz:  :xbiggrin:  :xicon_razz:

B = Brave

E = Energetic

V = Victorious

Sorry, couldn't resist! :xbiggrin:

Howdy Diary,

Not much to tell this time other than what happened last night...A lady politely asked me to show her one of the houses from out of town (the town I always get lost in :angry: ) and since I only have one house left available that I have not shown yet, I agree to go show it to her, and YES, I got lost again (the other 2 houses there I have already closed on, but still got lost doing those too :angry:) Anyway, the lady waited for a long time for me at the property, it was night time and raining hard! I finally made it there about 45 minutes late, showed the house and "told" this lady that she have better get this house because I am not coming there again to show it to nobody! :lol: .. she said she'll sleep on it. I did not expect for her to even bother dealing with me after what I had made her go through.

Turns out she called me this morning to tell me she wants to go for it but she owns a condo which she will need to rent first, so I requested that to play it safe with this property that she'll have to put the consideration amount and sign agreements this week to hold the property for her until she's ready to move, she agreed to that... (but I'm not sure if this is okay to do though :xsad: )

Anyway, if it wasn't because these properties are from a "Fixer Upper Investor" that needs my services, I wouldn't mess with that town at all, I always get lost there :angry2:

Hey Bev, why don't you RTO her condo for her?
Doug, as always, you have an excellent idea there, but I prefer not to deal with condos at all and this lady's condo is about 35 minutes from my town (and maybe she doesn't even wanna sell, thanx for the excellent suggestion though :xwink: )

Quick story Diary,

I just had an experience for the first time where I got this call this morning from a prospect TB telling me that he was waiting for me to view the new houses here..(I'm like ... WHAT!?) we have talked couple of days before but we NEVER made an appt to view the properties errrr :angry2: I don't like this one bit because I do NOT show properties to curious, I always screen my prospects excessively (provide 3 recent credit report print outs, landlord letter etc prior to meeting with me at all).

And he drove 2 hours to see these houses! So I went...Once I got there, he had the cutest li'l girl about 8 yrs old, when this li'l girl saw me she ran to me as if she knew me and said to me..." you're so pretty" Oh, my gosh I melted instantly :xbiggrin: and she kept on complimenting me the whole time hahaha! When they were all getting in the car to leave, the li'l girl ran back to me one last time and gave me a big hug and said "I love you" WOW! What was that all about? She's so cute, his father said he's never seen his daughter react this way with anybody and was shocked!

Oh well, the moral of this li'l story is that I was really upset at first but things changed instantly when li'l 8 yr old angel melted me awwwww :xredface:

Everything happens for a "good" reason and we don't need to understand them, it will all make sense when the time is right! :xwink:

I always screen my prospects excessively (provide 3 recent credit report print outs, landlord letter etc prior to meeting with me at all).
Waaaait a minute... BEV! are you saying you get the T/B to provide you with the 3 credit reports, the same way you have the seller provide you with comps?

If so, you're a genius!!!