The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
efete1

Mastermind group anyone?

Hi all,

I have been thinking of this for some time and the conference call the other night reminded me of my idea.

I always hear about all the "smart guys" out there who belong to, and participate in, so-called mastermind groups, etc. Kiyosaki and his Rich Dad groups, Steve Cook's Lifeonaire, Trump, etc. These forums are the best out there, especially compared to the other REI forums/blogs/etc. and our venerable host does an amazing job keeping it that way.

I thought it would be a nice extension to have those interested in doing so get together on a call/webinar or whatever to discuss various topics in the world of investments. We could, of course, discuss CA's and SLO's, but also other real estate strategies, marketing, and other financial tools (stocks, metals, insurance, etc.); any vehicle or topic that would benefit all of us and our families. I believe we all have the same goals of maximizing our investments and capital, creating a better lifestyle, and enjoying life in general.

Any input or interest? Thanks and have a great week everyone!!

Eric

I'd be interested for sure. I "Mastermind" on a smaller level with a few other investors (one on one) and have seen some REALLY cool stuff come about as a result....

I like the idea, Eric, and would be interested, also. Do you have any specifics in mind right now, or still in the testing-the-waters stage?

I think it is a great idea especially with all the great, friendly, very helpful, down to earth and knowlegable investors on this forum

I belong to several mastermind groups. One is that a group of us meet about once per quarter (use to) at a geographic location to talk about what is working, what is not, and what kind of problems we are having in our business. I also have another accountability group where 4 of us are on the phone and we chat about an hour. Similar as before.

Remember that mastermind groups should be small and have a direction, otherwise they will fail from the start. This board is a mastermind group in away, but you have the ability to converse with several people all over the country.

I would be interested. I have always enjoyed the synergy that is produced by these kind of groups.

Matt

Hi all,

As a few mentioned, I think it would be a great way to go beyond what is discussed here, and all at once. The forums are great but often takes a while to gather responses, reply, etc. Plus you always get more out of conversation than email/chat/etc. (and it's faster).

MC: I envision a monthly call, one hour should do. We could come up with a rough itinerary ahead of time (ie CA's and marketing first 30 minutes, other strategies the second half, or CA's the whole time, marketing the second month, etc.). I think it would be nice to also incorporate other ideas for business growth and wealth building (non-real estate investing, negotiating skills, etc.).

I love the interest, thanks everyone!!

How about we start next month?

Eric

Eric, if you want to run with this I'll be at your disposal to help in any way I can. Let me know. I'm sure there are others here who would also be willing to chip in to make this a success. But I think it will take some planning and effort to get a solid, committed core group to make this work.

Eric,

I will be glad to help in anyway I can also. I have been reviewing some old deals and I am so pumped up. Bandit signs going up tomorrow!

Matt

MC and all,

Glad that there is interest. Man, I just wanted to generate the idea and let you, oh wise sage of the LO world, run it!!! haha!

Well my time is pretty limited but I would be happy to put this to work.

Anyone interested in pitching in, please send me an email or call me; I hope this will be a team effort. I think this can be quite successful!

Thanks!

Eric

Eric@columbusleasetobuy.com

740-704-5386

MC and all,

Glad that there is interest. Man, I just wanted to generate the idea and let you, oh wise sage of the LO world, run it!!! haha!

Well my time is pretty limited but I would be happy to put this to work.

Anyone interested in pitching in, please send me an email or call me; I hope this will be a team effort. I think this can be quite successful!

Thanks!

Eric

Eric@columbusleasetobuy.com

740-704-5386

Eric, I don't think I could run with this idea and do it justice. For me, it's a time issue. I just don't have what it would take to make this work and run a successful group. I'd hate for it to fail because of me.