The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

The Unexplainable:

I've had lots of prospect t/b call me from out of State telling me that they are interested in the houses I have, but when I find out they're from out of State, I asked them how they heard about my houses, they ALL tell me they found flyers in their front doors, at grocery stores and on parking lots... Keep in mind these are several different States.. until today, I'm still getting a lot of these out of State calls telling me about how they found my flyers under their doors, etc.. YIKES! Yes, I beleive in angles.

WTF? How is that happening? :P

I gave up brainstorming over this long time ago.. it appears though, from what people are telling me (different States) that these flyers are printouts of my ads from Craigslist that for some unknown reason someone (or something) is taking the time to print them out and only placing them under the doors of families that are looking for houses to move ... This is truly an unsolved mystery. :wacko:

On another note, the family just arrived from Delaware on Friday night and are living in a hotel with 5 kids.. YIKES!! They are so motivated to move into one of the houses I have BUT the only 2 houses they are interested in, I can not get a hold of any of the owners to proceed, been trying since Friday .. aurrrghhhhh :angry:

I'm afraid that if this family dose not hear back from me with proceeding news, they will just go for a rental elsewhere as they are going crazy in the hotel :lol:

Why do ppl don't answer their cell phones any more?

Done complaining :D

BEV!

Phil,

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly...LOL That's the ringtone for my cell phone. Man, I love those old Spaghetti Westerns with Clint.

How sweet is that? Is this ringtone what the caller hears when they call you while is ringing or is it just the good all ring you hear when your phone rings? :D

Where can I HEAR that theme online for free? I have no softwares to download music with nor I want to install anything either though :P

How sweet is that? Is this ringtone what the caller hears when they call you while is ringing or is it just the good all ring you hear when your phone rings? :D

Where can I HEAR that theme online for free? I have no softwares to download music with nor I want to install anything either though :P

Bev,

It's the ring to my cellphone... I alternate it with the theme to "fistfull of Dollars". I believe you can listen to it on youtube.com. Do a search :P

Phil

Where can I HEAR that theme online for free? I have no softwares to download music with nor I want to install anything either though

Yeah, youtube has pretty much any media you

can think of. I use youtube for TONS of things...movies...shows...

fights...phone reviews...anything...

If you want to download it to your phone (for free), try

PhoneZoo.

Of course, you'll have to register, but the majority

of the ring tones are free.

I finally upgraded my cell phone and got

one of these bad boys:

(the dude in the video isn't me, btw)

So I can finally have the Sanford & Son ringtone blasting

away whenever I get a call. :D

I bet Michael thinks I should get the Dukes of Hazard.....

. . .

I bet Michael thinks I should get the Dukes of Hazard.....

Hehe. . .that was a given, I thought.

As for me, I alternate between Rod Stewart's, Do You Think I'm Sexy, and the theme from The Soprano's. :D

Thank you boys, Luv you all.. your reward is in the mail :D

...I gave up brainstorming over this long time ago.. it appears though, from what people are telling me (different States) that these flyers are printouts of my ads from Craigslist that for some unknown reason someone (or something) is taking the time to print them out and only placing them under the doors of families that are looking for houses to move ... This is truly an unsolved mystery. :P

I think I nailed part of this down thanks to a caller from 3 days ago.. it appears that there's this company in Los Angeles (or San Diego) that is doing this to my ads.. I had forgotten all about this company. I paid a dumb $50 several months ago to list my properties with them under FRBO and this ppl have a huge network Nationwide... just found out this Company guarantees to fill my propertes within 30 days or I win.. they say something like that on their ad.. no wonder they are trying hard to get me t/b :angry: .. thing is that the properties I have listed with them have all been filled long time ago but the t/b traffic they bring me is always welcome... oh, and get this... the guy that called me 3 days ago about one of the RTO's I have, he said that this company personally emailed him my ads and immediately followed up with a call to him to sell him the idea of RTO :o .. the guy told me I should be proud of my employees as they are very professional and personally introducing my properties to others :wacko: (I'm like.. huh? employees? what employees? :P oh, ok thanks)

On another note, the family just arrived from Delaware on Friday night and are living in a hotel with 5 kids.. YIKES!! They are so motivated to move into one of the houses I have BUT the only 2 houses they are interested in, I can not get a hold of any of the owners to proceed, been trying since Friday .. aurrrghhhhh :D

I'm afraid that if this family dose not hear back from me with proceeding news, they will just go for a rental elsewhere as they are going crazy in the hotel :lol:

Why do ppl don't answer their cell phones any more?

Turns out the owners are out of State on an unexpected situation right now and won't be back until next month, and since this family needs a 5bd asap, I made appt with a FRBO tonight for his brand new 5BD home.. the poor family in the hotel can not take it any more and is begging for my help every day.. hope all goes well tonight for me (as long as landlord does not cancel for tonight, I'll be fine and put that poor family in their soon to be home asap) ;)

BEV!

This is a FIRST on me!

few days ago I went to get a 2007 beautiful house under contract.

As usual, everything went smooth and very fast.

Owner very motivated and very happy.

The day of our meeting to close the deal with all parties, I had the owner fill out a very small profile form which I usually do but had forgotten to do it with this owner at our first meeting.

It turns out that after filling out that profile form, I found out that the owner had not made a mortgage payment for the past 7 months!!! ;)

I have the t/b about to sign all the agreements when suddenly I said.. "DROP THAT PEN AND STOP EVERYTHING"

Heck, the house was already in pre or foreclosure!

The owner said, yeah but the t/b can still move in .. I asked the owner if he was gonna pay the past dues, he said nope...

So, uhmm, I'm like "we're out of here" :huh:

BEV!

This is a FIRST on me!

few days ago I went to get a 2007 beautiful house under contract.

As usual, everything went smooth and very fast.

Owner very motivated and very happy.

The day of our meeting to close the deal with all parties, I had the owner fill out a very small profile form which I usually do but had forgotten to do it with this owner at our first meeting.

It turns out that after filling out that profile form, I found out that the owner had not made a mortgage payment for the past 7 months!!! :o

I have the t/b about to sign all the agreements when suddenly I said.. "DROP THAT PEN AND STOP EVERYTHING"

Heck, the house was already in pre or foreclosure!

The owner said, yeah but the t/b can still move in .. I asked the owner if he was gonna pay the past dues, he said nope...

So, uhmm, I'm like "we're out of here" :lol:

BEV!

Boy, that owner sure had some "cajones" :lol: Bev, be especially careful...the rate of forclosures in the central valley is very high. I read recently that 1 of 50 homes in Stockton is in foreclosure! (yikes!)

Phil

Yeah, Stockton is a bit off my way but have done some of them there in the past.

Lathrop on the other hand is the bullseye for foreclosure, just last month alone I saw 4 houses go to foreclosure from people I personally know.

And then there's us in Mountain House (only 20 minutes from Lathrop).. I can't believe that houses are still "selling" here for almost $900K !!! :lol:

What the heck?! :lol:

(I was lucky enough to get one for under $900K under contract couple days ago.. geesh!)

BEV!

That homeowner in pre-fore might be a real good short sale candidate for ya Bev.

Lucky you caught the bugger when you did, mujer. Otherwise you might have found yourself in the midst of a legal action. Then again, you probably look good in prison stripes. :lol:

Lucky you caught the bugger when you did, mujer. Otherwise you might have found yourself in the midst of a legal action. Then again, you probably look good in prison stripes. B)

Ironically, I've ran across 2 other issues like this in the past month, homeowners are calling me very frequently asking me if I can please take over their payments and put me on title right away, I can't believe how many people are losing their homes to foreclosure. Which by the way, my next door neighbor and the one across the street from me are already in foreclosure as well and their houses are so new but empty and abandoned very dirty looking ^_^

Now for some good news!!

I closed not one but TWO CA deals over the weekend!!! ;)

NEXT!

BEV!

Nice going BEV with the CAs!

Thanks Steve!

I closed a SLO yesturday and slid into the bank today.

Whoa! Another one again? Slow down my friend.. wayda go Steve!! B)^_^

Bev!

Jeeeez Bev,

are all your deals a reality or is this an infomercial? Just kidding, but seriously, I feel like you don't even need motivated sellers to do business! I have read alot of this thread, and you seem to work with builders quite a bit. What do you offer (terms) these builders in order for them to accept? It just seems like builders would profit more if they sell the homes right away at market value? Are you offerring market value? If so, how do you do that with rent credits and still making a profit for yourself?

You have probably answered this question over and over again, but if you don't mind clearing this up for me or directing me to where I can find the answer, I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm just one more newbie highly inspired by your success and that of those experts on this forum (as well as MC's student who is great as well).

Jeeeez Bev, are all your deals a reality or is this an infomercial?

Busted :lol:

..I feel like you don't even need motivated sellers to do business!

Well, yes and no. What I mean by this is that I don't approach homeowners with "sell pitches" or with the "I'm here to help you" type of pitch.

What I do is open their eyes basically.

I have read alot of this thread, and you seem to work with builders quite a bit. What do you offer (terms) these builders in order for them to accept?
I offered them unbeatable terms/benefits (read below)

It just seems like builders would profit more if they sell the homes right away at market value?

That depends a lot on the type of market and what their goals are... most of the times (from what I've been told by builders locally) when someone purchases a house, they are not allowed to sell it for 1, 2 or 3 years ( is a loan thing), therefore they need to hang on to their houses and what better way to hang on to them than by placing quality pre-buyers in their brand new houses who will take care the houses and even upgrade them and not have to worry about listing the house for sale nor have to pay commissions or closing costs when the house sells etc. etc. I mean is that an eyeopener or what? :lol:

Bev!