The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

I strongly 2nd Phil and Dan's replies.

These "friends" have no say-so in regards to the deal

you and the husband worked out.

Did you happen to get a Power of Attorney signed

somewhere along the way?

I'd just wait things out and hope the husband pulls

through (for his & his family's sake, of course).

If things get worse, I'd then move on, as you're

hands are tied, given the circumstances.

No need to press the issue about dealing real

estate when someone's life is hanging in the balance.

Good luck, Bev.

My questions are..

What would you do?

What would happen if Mr. owner does not make it? (agreement wise between me and him)

All these people calling me and telling me what to do only tells me they have no idea who they're

dealing with ..... but I did promised Mr. Owner I would help him

Assuming this is a CA, can you stall T/B for a week or so, by explaining the illness of the owner-husband.

Second, what is the mistery illness? Do you know where the owner-husband works to possibly get info. from people other than the family members?

hmmm. I would not release the deal between you and the husband as he may pull through, and maybe the T/B will still be there or maybe not. Tough one for sure, but you maybe on hold for the time being.

Yeah you better verify from as unbiased a source as you can that the husband really is ill. Who knows, maybe the mystery illiness is the dreaded COLD FEET!

Bev, with the homeowner being the sole name on the title, there is nothing anyone else to say that matters here. There needs to be a Power of Attorney filed someplace, naming someone else who can step in for him. If and until that occurs, everything is on hold. I don't know what contract you are using, but there should be mention that it is binding upon his heirs should be become incapacitated or pass on.

Phil,

If the house is under Mr. Owner's name only, it seems to me that he is the only one legally qualified to enter contract with you
Agree 100% amigo!

Dan,

>>> House is under husband's name only <<<

There's your answer right there. Until he's back, or until you meet with his power of attorney or the executor of his estate, this deal is going nowhere.

Again, agree! It appears though that they are working on adding his wife on the deed as we speak.

Jason,

No need to press the issue about dealing real estate when someone's life is hanging in the balance..

So true, but the only reason why I proceeded with it was because the wife begged me (in tears from the hospital) that she needed my help more than ever in getting a family in their house right now. I explained to her that for now I have put everything on hold until further notice. (something happens)

Steve,

Do you know where the owner-husband works to possibly get info

Yep, he's a private builder in the South Bay area and his secretary is the one keeping me posted that he hadn't shown up for work in a few days, she's the only one I feel good about communicating about everything because Mr. Homeowner told her everything about me since day number one. She's hoping Mr. Owner gets his wish of RTOing his house with his numbers and wishes the other ppl would stop sticking their noses in Mr. Owner's biz.

As a matter of fact, she likes the RTO idea so much (from what Mr. Owner told her), that she's having me RTO one of her new houses this Saturday.

She's calling me frequently to post me on Mr. Owner's condition from the hospital (it appears they are old friends from school back in middle east).

Admin,

If and until that occurs, everything is on hold.

You bet! As much as I would love to conitue with it, I will not do so until further notice!

I'm just wishing for Mr. Owner to pull through as that's what's important right now for his family :-)

Until then, life goes on for the rest of us....

Thanks Guys!!

BEV!

As a matter of fact, she likes the RTO idea so much (from what Mr. Owner told her), that she's having me RTO one of her new houses this Saturday.
:blink::o You're a trip BEV! It's MC's "Lemons to Lemonade"

You gotta love this business.

Bev... you are ridiculously inspiring! It took me a few months but I've finally made it from page 1 to the end :blink:

Your diary is like a thrilling novel you can't put down even though you're on the can and you're done :o

Aside from your looks, your ambition and hunger for success makes you so damn sexy!

Question Bev: would you consider dating a 25 year old gentleman from Canada? (and I'm not talking about Doug Pretorius either) B)

Bev... you are ridiculously inspiring! It took me a few months but I've finally made it from page 1 to the end :blink:

Your diary is like a thrilling novel you can't put down even though you're on the can and you're done :o

Aside from your looks, your ambition and hunger for success makes you so damn sexy!

Question Bev: would you consider dating a 25 year old gentleman from Canada? (and I'm not talking about Doug Pretorius either) B)

You don't know Bev very well, do you? A Hershey's Bar, some dandelions. . .the possibilities are endless. B)

Bev... you are ridiculously inspiring! It took me a few months but I've finally made it from page 1 to the end :lol:

You don't know Bev very well, do you? A Hershey's Bar, some dandelions. . .the possibilities are endless. ^_^

MC, you're going to have to fill me in - give myself a better chance with her :D

Sorry dude, but I called dibs on her back a few months ago...if not

sometime last year. :D

She claims to like the dark-haired Euro guys, but

nothing like a 26 year old southern gent with a

800+ post count to sway

her decision. :lol:

Bev... you are ridiculously inspiring! It took me a few months but I've finally made it from page 1 to the end :lol:

Your diary is like a thrilling novel you can't put down even though you're on the can and you're done :D

Question Bev: would you consider dating a 25 year old gentleman from Canada? (and I'm not talking about Doug Pretorius either) ^_^

HEY!!!!!!

Why NOT Doug?

I think they would make a fabulous team (both on and off the field)!

They both have tons of things in common.

Look. Bev knows how to sign up Sellers and Doug knows how to sign up Buyers!

Besides, Bev still looks like she's 25!

Man, you need to understand all the players here on this board. There's a lot to learn from one another (as well as maybe, just maybe hooking up and making things work -- both ways?)!

WCG!

P.S. I'm still single and very career-minded! Hint, Hint! :o

P.P.S. Sorry, Prof, but I prefer Americans!

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I want to get involved in this part of the thread :lol:

As much as I like Bev, we have a very special relationship that I wouldn't want to change. Once or twice a year she sends me a taunting email about some desperate FRBO she was just about to meet in Ontario (California) only to realize he was calling from Ontario, CANADA.

:lol: what a fun multiple posts to read!

Oh My :D

Now go your room all of you and no more video games or cell phone for a week :o

BEV!

WCG!

P.S. I'm still single and very career-minded! Hint, Hint! :lol:

P.P.S. Sorry, Prof, but I prefer Americans!

a/s/l ?

Pics?

Thanks.

Update On Mr. Seller's condition (Steve)

Well his wife called me 3 days ago and told me that Mr Steve pulled through surgery and was put on a heart machine (not sure what that means)

They were not expecting for him to make it through surgery.

He is now conscious but still can not communicate.

Today I got a call from his wife again saying that Mr. Steve is doing way better and he will be going home in a couple of days!!

He's doing way better than expected and the only thing he now has is a fever.

Wife is very happy and so is Mr. Owner as he will be going home shortly.

I will go visit him this weekend at his house and take him some balloons to cheer him up lol.

The t/b's I had of course did not want to wait so they're history. Not a prob.

I have already another extremely serious family that I will meet with tomorrow to view the house.

I'm so happy Steve pulled through.

BTW. the wife has no idea who those people calling me giving me a hard time with house were :D

She said she wasn't aware of any of it.

End Of Happy Update :lol:

BEV!