The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

..I will go visit him this weekend at his house and take him some balloons to cheer him up
Looks like I'll be taking more than just balloons to Mr. Owner this weekend :D

I have already another extremely serious family that I will meet with tomorrow to view the house.

Well I showed the house, they want it, they gave me my big fat pay check and we will close this weekend at Mr. Owner Steve's house :(

Next!

BEV!

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you Bev! Congrats! And, of course, good for Mr. Seller on pulling through. A good day for all :D

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you Bev! Congrats! And, of course, good for Mr. Seller on pulling through. A good day for all :blush:

Hello everyone.

Thanks GetErDun for the nice thought.

Unfortunately, things took a sudden turn and sadly Mr. Seller (Steve) passed on Christmas Eve.

We got together several times after he came out of the hospital just to talk.

I have the picture I took of him and his wife when I closed on the deal and am posting it here with his testimonial in his memory.

I loved him dearly :( (this is the very last picture taken of him and I am sending it to his family per their request)

glory.jpg

Testimonial:

Bev,

You came to my rescue just when I needed it the most. Your timing was perfect.

This market is so bad, I had no idea there could be a way for me to survive it

And then you called that one day and told me about something called rent to own.

Even though I had never heard of it, the tone of your voice was enough for

me to act on it.

I knew I could count on you and had faith in you.

Don't stop doing what you do so well and continue helping homeowners like myself

with the lease option. There are lots of them out there needing this, specially

in today's market.

Thanks for everything Bev.

Steve B.

PS: Thank God for lease option!

BEV!

You're a natural BEV!

The advantage of offering solutions to those with problems, results in others realizing their dream.

Thanks guys for the sweet words :blush:

--------------

Well I got my first brand new CA for this year (2008) couple days ago and wanted to ask for you alls opinions :rolleyes:

Have a t/b prospect for this house already (I'm giving 100% credit.. no wonder <_< )

He wants to close on this deal asap BUT he said that even though he will not be able to move into the house, he'll give me the option money and he is willing to make the monthly rent payments even if the house will be empty for a while.

Reason being is that he is in the process of selling his current property and won't be able to move until the house sells.. huh?

That's my question... this tells me that if I go for this, he could end up making double payments for a long time until his house sells :wacko:

I know is not for me to deal with or worry about but I can't help it.

What do you'all think. Will this be not a big deal or does it sound like it may get ugly after a few months of double payments and no sell of his house? :huh:

Talk to me People!!

Thanks,

BEV!

I would delve into his finances a little and then talk it over with the owner and explain the situation.

Yeah, kinda "iffy".

However, you could always offer your

real estate services and assist him with

his house.

...but then again, you don't deal with FSBOs... :rolleyes:

Bev! I emailed ya girly, did ya get it??

Well, if he stops making payments, you (seller - CA) don't have to worry about getting him out of the house...lol

I would ask the t/b this question if he can aford to carry 2 payments. Maybe he can. What is his monthly gross income and credit like?

Bev! I emailed ya girly, did ya get it??

NOPE! I have not gotten anything, idontknow.gif

PM me here instead, si?

BEV!

So I break my own record and moved a house within 72 hours dance.gif

Last night I closed on this beautiful house ($610K) I had just barely got under contract.

Interesting how I got this house though... here's the story...

I called on a FRBO from CL and the lady told me that their house was already rented out and right when I was about to hang up she immediately referred me to her cousin's house that needed someone like me to help them.

Long story short, I got it under contract and 72 hours later I closed the deal to a county doctor (delivers baby) from CL

Gotta luv online FREE MARKETING!!

TGIF!! grill.gif

BEV!

I guess I'm having my own challenge this month.

I got a house under contract on the 21st (3 days ago $600K) and just closed on it 2 hours ago!

Got the house from Craigslist,

Got the T/B from Craigslist!

out.gif Oh, forgot to mention, this was my very first FSBA (for sale by agent)

Bev!

Michael,

You stated that you sometimes just find a straight tenant buyer for a seller for a fee. What type of paperwork did you get the seller to sign? Was it where they bought a lead or something?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick, sometimes someone calls on a Rent To Own ad and they just want to rent. With things so slow in my area these days, I don't say no to any possibility. If the homeowner is OK with this, we'll draw up a simple fee agreement, usually for one half of one month's rent, and get the deal done. With rents in my area running around $1,600 or $1,800 for a typical 3BR, it fills the gas tank. :rolleyes: