The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

Thanks Phil,

I guess that explains the parade of REO & Foreclosure signs all over our neighborhood, although I am yet to see a house for less than $600K around here ;)

Dan,

"The real estate market won't stay bad for more than 10 years."

Is that all? :blink:

On another note...

I don't know about the rest of you but this type of market seems to work wonders for me with t/b's

And look at the email I got last night from a FRBO I contacted via email....

--------------------

Hello, Bev,

We're VERY MUCH interested in a lease to own situation. I will be unable to show the home before Saturday the 29th however. If you would PLEASE contact me via the phone: 408/.......... at your earliest.

Thank you very much!

-----------------

I mean, what's there not to like about this market? :huh:

BEV!

Thanks Phil,

I guess that explains the parade of REO & Foreclosure signs all over our neighborhood, although I am yet to see a house for less than $600K around here ;)

Dan,

"The real estate market won't stay bad for more than 10 years."

Is that all? :blink:

On another note...

I don't know about the rest of you but this type of market seems to work wonders for me with t/b's

And look at the email I got last night from a FRBO I contacted via email....

--------------------

Hello, Bev,

We're VERY MUCH interested in a lease to own situation. I will be unable to show the home before Saturday the 29th however. If you would PLEASE contact me via the phone: 408/.......... at your earliest.

Thank you very much!

-----------------

I mean, what's there not to like about this market? :D

BEV!

That is the great thing about it, huh? I just put a house down the street from me under contract. Right on S.F. Bay with views of the city, and GG Bridge :huh:

Phil

..That is the great thing about it, huh?
Uh, yeah!!

I just put a house down the street from me under contract.
Phil, are you telling me you're rockin' the CA as I type this? Woohoo!! Congrats!

Right on S.F. Bay with views of the city, and GG Bridge :huh:
OMG, you just described my dream view ;)

I'm in love with SF, specially with the cheese cake factory in the city, such beautiful view on top of the building :blink:

BEV!

Phil, are you telling me you're rockin' the CA as I type this? Woohoo!! Congrats!

You know it girlfriend. I have two other homeowners interested in RTOing with me, too! I owe alot of this from following your methods...and of course the Italian Stallion, MC

Phil

You know it girlfriend. I have two other homeowners interested in RTOing with me, too! I owe alot of this from following your methods...

Awwweee thank you :unsure: it pleases me to read posts like this one.

Say, Phil... since you're a good article guy (know a lot about real estate market articles in our area), what can you find on "Patterson, CA"?

I've done many brand new houses there in the past and lately I'm getting calls to do some again (brand new ones) but wanted to check the market out first with my article guy to see what he finds out for me first :P

All these houses have golf course in their back yards and are in "neverland" lol

They're only 30 minutes away from me (not a long drive at all) but I don't like mountains and all these houses are in the mountains :ninja:

Anyway if it will help, here's the city I'm talking about and this is the neighborhood of the houses I'll be doing.

Is okay if you don't have time to analyze that market for me, amigo... we're still good B)

Thanks muchas gracias,

BEV!

You know it girlfriend. I have two other homeowners interested in RTOing with me, too! I owe alot of this from following your methods...

Awwweee thank you :unsure: it pleases me to read posts like this one.

Say, Phil... since you're a good article guy (know a lot about real estate market articles in our area), what can you find on "Patterson, CA"?

I've done many brand new houses there in the past and lately I'm getting calls to do some again (brand new ones) but wanted to check the market out first with my article guy to see what he finds out for me first :P

All these houses have golf course in their back yards and are in "neverland" lol

They're only 30 minutes away from me (not a long drive at all) but I don't like mountains and all these houses are in the mountains :ninja:

Anyway if it will help, here's the city I'm talking about and this is the neighborhood of the houses I'll be doing.

Is okay if you don't have time to analyze that market for me, amigo... we're still good B)

Thanks muchas gracias,

BEV!

No problemos, Senorita!

I have attached the link to Pattersons local newspaper. There is a good article about the economic outlook for the community. The situation sounds very similar to Stockton. There is a big divide between the cost of the homes and the local wages/salaries so, much like Mountain House, the majority of folks buying in these new developments are from the Bay Area, but according to commentary to the article, there appears to be an exodus of folks heading back to the Bay Area :P (Hey peoples, once you move away, you can't come back to my neck of the bay!)

http://www.pattersonirrigator.com/

Phil

No problemos, Senorita!

I have attached the link to Pattersons local newspaper. There is a good article about the economic outlook for the community. The situation sounds very similar to Stockton. There is a big divide between the cost of the homes and the local wages/salaries so, much like Mountain House, the majority of folks buying in these new developments are from the Bay Area, but according to commentary to the article, there appears to be an exodus of folks heading back to the Bay Area ;)

Thanks for the article and the info, Sir! Much appreciated :blink:

(Hey peoples, once you move away, you can't come back to my neck of the bay!)

Trust me, they will never stop coming this way to buy houses... 98% of all my t/b's are from the SF/SJ/LA/Sand Diego areas.. NONE are local and there are tons still coming to this area.

Gracias Mr. Article, great job! :lol:

BEV!

Need your input on this.

2 weeks ago I got a brand new never lived in home under contract.

- Agreement between me and homeowner (husband only)

- House is under hunsband's name only

- Agreement of price of home and rent is within current market

- Owner lives about 2 hours away

We met at the new house with the husband and his 20+ yr son.

The deal went smooth and after talking to the owner for over 4 hrs (by personal choice)

we decided that this deal was gonna be a hit and he really felt comfortable with me and fired

his lease agent on the spot so I can take charge of the deal 100%

Mr owner was so relieved to have found the rent to own solution, that he practically worshiped me

and thanked me from the bottom of his heart (his own words).

Something about him gave me an un-explainable strength and promised him I would do everything to help him

As usual, I had mr. owner fill out the paper called "owner's profile" where I ask...

- What's the least you'll take for rent on this house?

- What's the least amount you'll take for this house? etc. etc.

He filled it all out and his numbers were very favorable (I was stunned)

8 days later mr. owner calls to see what the status is on his new house

- I tell him the rent seems to be a lil' high.

- He told me to use the numbers from the "owner's profile" sheet.

(yippeeee!)

- 2 days later I find a family who will go for those numbers and are ready to close the deal

- I call Mr. owner several times to set up appt to meet with us and sign papers

- No call from Mr. owner... His wife calls me instead and tells me her husband is very critical in the hospital for the past 3 days

- Wife also tells me her son is not doing so well either

- I tell wife I have a family ready to close deal asap

- Wife got excited but said she did not like the numbers her husband gave me for the house (wife pays all the mtg payments on her own)

- Wife can not think straight as she's going through so much right now.

- Family wants to close deal asap but I can not do anything about it.

- I am getting calls from lots of people claiming they are Mr. Owner's friend stating they want me to change those numbers

on the property to a higher amount. (rent and price of home which will be above market)

- Mr owner is not concious to communicate with anybody and is very critical in the hospital

- One of his so called friend told me he wanted to cancel this agreement (but what the heck for?.. and HOW?)

- I don't know what to do as all the people are giving me the impression that Mr. owner will not make it <_<

My questions are..

What would you do?

What would happen if Mr. owner does not make it? (agreement wise between me and him)

All these people calling me and telling me what to do only tells me they have no idea who they're

dealing with :closedeyes: ..... but I did promised Mr. Owner I would help him ;)

Thanks,

BEV!

Need your input on this.

2 weeks ago I got a brand new never lived in home under contract.

- Agreement between me and homeowner (husband only)

- House is under hunsband's name only

- Agreement of price of home and rent is within current market

- Owner lives about 2 hours away

We met at the new house with the husband and his 20+ yr son.

The deal went smooth and after talking to the owner for over 4 hrs (by personal choice)

we decided that this deal was gonna be a hit and he really felt comfortable with me and fired

his lease agent on the spot so I can take charge of the deal 100%

Mr owner was so relieved to have found the rent to own solution, that he practically worshiped me

and thanked me from the bottom of his heart (his own words).

Something about him gave me an un-explainable strength and promised him I would do everything to help him

As usual, I had mr. owner fill out the paper called "owner's profile" where I ask...

- What's the least you'll take for rent on this house?

- What's the least amount you'll take for this house? etc. etc.

He filled it all out and his numbers were very favorable (I was stunned)

8 days later mr. owner calls to see what the status is on his new house

- I tell him the rent seems to be a lil' high.

- He told me to use the numbers from the "owner's profile" sheet.

(yippeeee!)

- 2 days later I find a family who will go for those numbers and are ready to close the deal

- I call Mr. owner several times to set up appt to meet with us and sign papers

- No call from Mr. owner... His wife calls me instead and tells me her husband is very critical in the hospital for the past 3 days

- Wife also tells me her son is not doing so well either

- I tell wife I have a family ready to close deal asap

- Wife got excited but said she did not like the numbers her husband gave me for the house (wife pays all the mtg payments on her own)

- Wife can not think straight as she's going through so much right now.

- Family wants to close deal asap but I can not do anything about it.

- I am getting calls from lots of people claiming they are Mr. Owner's friend stating they want me to change those numbers

on the property to a higher amount. (rent and price of home which will be above market)

- Mr owner is not concious to communicate with anybody and is very critical in the hospital

- One of his so called friend told me he wanted to cancel this agreement (but what the heck for?.. and HOW?)

- I don't know what to do as all the people are giving me the impression that Mr. owner will not make it <_<

My questions are..

What would you do?

What would happen if Mr. owner does not make it? (agreement wise between me and him)

All these people calling me and telling me what to do only tells me they have no idea who they're

dealing with :closedeyes: ..... but I did promised Mr. Owner I would help him ;)

Thanks,

BEV!

Wow! Drama aside BEV!, If the house is under Mr. Owner's name only, it seems to me that he is the only one legally qualified to enter contract with you. All these other people putting in their two-cents are irrelevant.

I'm not sure what happens to status of contract if he were to pass.

Phil

There are WAY too many red flags on this one. But no matter --

>>> House is under husband's name only <<<

There's your answer right there. Until he's back, or until you meet with his power of attorney or the executor of his estate, this deal is going nowhere.

If you have T/Bs in hand, keep them out of this mess and find them another house.

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC