The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Just How Bad Is This Market Getting??

Hehe. . .got a kick out of this one. I'm working Craig's List for motivated sellers these past few days. The response has been remarkable, a reflection of the sad state of the FL real estate market. So, this one homeowner responds with a enthusiastic "Take my house, please!" type of email. I'm in the middle of a few other things and don't respond immediately.

Maybe twenty minutes later I receive a second email from my new best friend. He wanted to let me know that if I buy his house he'll throw his car into the deal! <_< With pics, of course. But it was an older Lincoln Towncar. Not interested. I figure I'll wait him out another day or two to see what else he can inspire me with. :P

I'm always asked, "But, Michael, how do you know when a seller is motivated?" I guess throwing a car into the deal is a clue. :blink:

I figure I'll wait him out another day or two to see what else he can inspire me with.

post-85-1173327151.jpg

How about "2" Lincoln Towncars!!!! :P Oh yea baby! :P

What the heck is going on down there in Florida??? You're not suppose to cash in until you find the tenant/buyer!!! :blush::lol:

Just picking MC. :blush: I wish there were as many overly motivated sellers where I'm located as there are in your area.

Whenever you get that Lincoln (you ARE going to get the Lincoln, yes? That'd be pimp if ya did),

here's a little something to go along with that:

Lincoln Accessory :blush:

Whenever you get that Lincoln (you ARE going to get the Lincoln, yes? That'd be pimp if ya did),

here's a little something to go along with that:

Lincoln Accessory :blush:

If that comes with a neon light kit upgrade, I'm down for two!

I figure I'll wait him out another day or two to see what else he can inspire me with.

post-85-1173327151.jpg

How about "2" Lincoln Towncars!!!! :P Oh yea baby! :P

What the heck is going on down there in Florida??? You're not suppose to cash in until you find the tenant/buyer!!! :blush::lol:

MAYBE THE CARS ARE WORTH MORE THAN THE HOUSE.

Hahaha...

I can see it now...Mike will be wood grain grippin that stinkin' lincoln up in the turning lane with the candy paint rolling on DUBZ...

Keep it pimpin', Carbo... :P:blush:

Hey MC--which ad are you using on craigslist to get these motivated peeps?

Christine, I'm the one doing the responding. I'm hitting the Craig's List FSBO's with my usual:

Hi,

Is your property still available? If so, would you be interested in selling it with a lease purchase? Thank you.

Michael

The response rate nowadays is remarkable, as a result of the shift in market dynamics. If they respond favorably, then I'll follow up with one of several emails I use, depending upon what approach I want to take: sandwich lease, CA, or a Consultation. My goal is to weed out the curious from the serious, and avoid talking to homeowners who aren't going to do business with me no matter what I say. Saves time and frustration. If, after a few emails back and forth, they are still on my radar, I'll call them. Sounds arrogant, but I'm just trying to fit 25 hours into a 24 hour day. :huh:

I also run the occasional ad on Craig's List, too, hoping to get a homeowner to contact me. I use two or three varieties on the same theme to get around the sites filters. Doesn't draw as well as it used to, and I think that is in large part to Craig's List becoming a haven for Realtors listing every property they can't sell, to the exclusion of homeowners trying the FSBO route.

Then again, you can't beat the price, ;) , and emails do come in. Got one this morning as a matter of fact from a guy who said " I own many properties and would like to speak with you about your lease options." We shall see. . . :o

It's nice to see that you're still out on the grind doing deals and not just selling books, courses, and mentoring. Nothing I hate more than someone that tells me I can get rich using their system but they aren't using it themselves to make money.

It's nice to see that you're still out on the grind doing deals and not just selling books, courses, and mentoring. Nothing I hate more than someone that tells me I can get rich using their system but they aren't using it themselves to make money.
Hehe. Rich, I'm not smart enough to get rich quick. Although the Anna Nicole Smith baby may be mine. . . :huh:

Hehe. Rich, I'm not smart enough to get rich quick. Although the Anna Nicole Smith baby may be mine. . . :huh:

I don't think I'd pass the paternity test so I have my eyes on Powerball, I didn't win last night but I'm hoping it was just a way to get the bigger jackpot for Saturday.

I must agree with Rich on that one I feel the same way.

My son while making calls, has been approched by a group of investors, telling him that they will teach him everything he needs to know about real estate investing and will walk him through all the process for each method of investing there is, Like selling and buying property in other cities and markets . He must fly to Arozina and study in the Nouveau Riche University for a week at a cost of $18K but instead of paying for it in cash all he has to do is find two people that want to learn like he does and this will pay off the cost of school. And of course at this seminar they just happen to have two 20 year olds that are making $80K and yet has not finished with their study. I know my son loves the idea of the amount of money everyone like Adam, MC, ReX are making and he wants real estate to make him a millionare asap but you have to walk before you could run. And I tell him that these people just didn't start they have paid some kind of price to be where they are at right now. And he still thinks I am not supporting him with this group of investors.

I told him that MC, and Adam have the same type of program going on and I am about to take advatage of this but Adam and MC don't qualify because He belives their not millionares and I tell him maybe yes maybe not but one thing for sure their free with out a boss over their a_ _ and for me that means being rich. So our fight continues.

Any one ever heard of NOUVEAU RICHE UNIVERSITY and what they are selling.